Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Hit that perfect beat boy

So I finished food last night with a small cup of cottage cheese with shredded cheddar cheese on top. Yummy. I finished eating this at just before 9 pm. That is another part of my regimen – no eating past 9 pm. I just think that if I can cut this back, less sleeping on a full stomach, and I’ve read that that is bad for you. Just one more rule in this weight loss program on which I have put myself.

I actually like cottage cheese, to be honest, but I’ve had such a sweets taste recently that I wanted to end my evening with some ice cream. It was the sugar free ice cream, but I want to get away from that for these first two weeks. Trying to detox my body, in one way. Too bad I can’t detox my brain, eh?

I am hoping now that the whole funeral is out of the way that I can get onto happier topics when I write. At least lighter topics than death and abandonment (not in that order) as I don’t think I am some unhappy person most of the time. Lighthearted topics.

Going to get home and try to run as soon as I get home. I want to get to the store and buy some more fresh vegetables. I really like veggies, so that is easy, but I hate steaming asparagus. I get lazy, buy the canned stuff and just heat it in the microwave. I want to get into the habit of really fresh broccoli and such. One day.

I usually run with the tv on, which is a good way for me to run. I tried running without it on, and that is boring. It makes it harder to do it. Last night, I ran with the iPod on. I am a recent addition to the iPod nation. I decided to wait and buy the big one, 60GB. So far, it is great, but I have a slight problem. Shuffle.

You see, I like so many different types of music, that when you hit shuffle it can really mess with your head. I was listening to Rolling Stones “Under My Thumb,” then off to Green Day “Holiday” and then “Overture” from the musical Chicago – kind of a mind fuck when you’re trying to run. I think I need to go into iTunes and create a few playlists for when I am running. It might prevent a moment when I stop concentrating on staying on the treadmill thinking how the iPod decided to play Cher “Believe” (I did tell you I was gay, right?) after playing Izzy Kamakawiwo’ole “Somewhere over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World,” followed by Nina Simone “My Baby Just Cares For Me,” then crashing into my back wall. Concentration is important when running at 5.5 mph on the treadmill with a wall about 7 inches from the back of the it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home