Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Top coat, top hat, I don't worry coz my wallets fat.

Running has been going quite well the last two weeks. Always past 3 miles, and no problem doing it.

I have been watching the Steelers amazing run at the Super Bowl last season while running. They came out with all 4 complete games on DVD with the radio feed from Bill & Tunch synched up. It is actually fun to run to it, especially when you know how it is going to end. I’ve tried to run while the game is live, and it isn’t as fun. Or maybe it’s just not good to run to when you are invested in the game and might have certain reactions to good/bad plays (or calls from the referee).

I ran 5 times last week, and Monday & Tuesday so far this week. There are times when it becomes boring to just run, but I’ve managed to persevere. Persevere is a strong word, as it hasn’t been something hard to do, but there have been times where I’ve been running, and at like 1.2 miles I think “That’s it, can’t run anymore. Bored shitless. If I stop now, at least I’ve run one mile.” And I just keep running while I think these things.

This morning I was down to 215.5 lbs. I am actually trying to lose a few more pounds before I get to the softball tournament next weekend. I know that the key to losing a few more pounds is food, and yet I keep eating extra calories on the weekends. Every weekend for the last 4 weekends I’ve done under 1600 calories Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and sometimes good on Thursday…and then Friday, Saturday & Sunday have been free-for-alls. I need to work really, really hard this weekend not to do that, and that won’t be easy as it is my last Pirates games for the season. I don’t know if 2 days in a row, Friday & Saturday, I can go without a hot dog at the ball park. That is just asking for super human strength I don’t think I have. But I shall see this weekend.

Nothing else terribly interesting going on at the moment. Life is just chugging along. I can’t believe that it is almost October. I will have been running a year at the end of October. And part of me can’t believe that I’ve done it for 11 months so far, and part of me can’t believe that I’ve “only” lost 45 pounds. Strange how that works out, eh?

I do need to look into buying new clothes now that I’ve lost the weight. I am wearing what used to be a pair of my “thin” pants today, and they are much too baggy for me. I noticed this week that when I wear my newer clothes that are what my size is now, I get more compliments and actually feel better about myself, whereas today, when I am wearing nice shirt and pants but they are baggy, I don’t get the compliments and don’t feel as good about myself. I don’t think it is that I don’t feel good about myself, maybe it is just that I know the clothes make me look bigger than I am. Or maybe my Body Dismorphic Disorder is so bad that I can’t see myself for how I actually look. Or maybe I am still a huge fat bastard!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I am just glad that I can help facilitate a discussion on the pain that is BDD. I'm a giver. And sometimes a receiver, but mostly a giver.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home