Thursday, September 14, 2006

She moves in mysterious ways

Big day yesterday. Went to Pirates game (day double header) and got phone call in the middle of the two games that nephew flipped his car on the parkway. An off duty sheriff’s deputy happened to be following him at that time and said he wasn’t speeding or driving erratically. He walked away with two small scratches. He even said today that he isn’t sore. Nothing physically from the accident and we couldn’t be happier.

I live for my nieces and nephews. I know that sounds stupid, considering I don’t mention them a lot on here, but I think my favorite way to describe myself is uncle. I know it is all schmaltzy and crap, but I have always enjoyed being around the little ones, but I know I don’t want one of my own. I take each niece and nephew on an international trip when they graduate from high school (with a stipulation on grades, of course.)

I have taken oldest niece to Paris, and then one of her younger brothers also decided to go to Paris. The twin brother of the nephew I took to Paris was the one in the accident yesterday, and I am taking him to Thailand next February, as long as he doesn’t keep having accidents (I was originally supposed to bring him to Thailand in November, but he broke his leg and his school was pushed back a semester and the trip was pushed back to February.)

And so, when I was at the Pirates game, and I got the phone call that one of them had flipped his car on the parkway, I was extremely distraught. And when I finally talked to him and he was ok, I was so relieved that I think I know why I don’t want to be a parent. I cried too much just listening to him, realizing that we came so close to losing him. The accident was horrendous, with glass and car parts everywhere, which we can’t believe he walked away with small scratches.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe believing in a higher power is the answer. I best news is that he is alright.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

What?

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home