Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Boy, you gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time

I was doing some fun experiments with my scale yesterday. I’d step on it, weigh myself, then pick up one of my cats and step back on. My cats are about 6 pounds each.

Weighed myself…went to the bathroom and weighed myself again – about 1.5 pounds.

Weighed myself…ate dinner and weighed myself again – about 2.5 pounds.

Weighed myself…took a shower – no difference.

Really, it went on like this for a while. I got a cool new toy to play with, and I am taking full advantage of it. It is digital, and the numbers are HUGE.

This morning, I was at 220 lbs. I don’t think this is some huge weight loss over the past few days, I just think it is a natural readjustment after a long time of not running consistently and eating poorly. I’ve actually been able to stay under 1600 calories since Sunday, and I’ve run each of those days, so it is like my body is recognizing this and adjusting to be about 218 lbs., what I was at Amsterdam time.

I think once I reach 218 lbs., that is when my body is going to start fighting me again. And I will need to fight it back by running more and eating well. I haven’t really got a goal weight yet, but I am thinking 200 lbs might be a good weight. We shall see if I can get there.

One of the things I need to learn to do is make more higher amount foods with lower calories. Last night, I was very hungry, so I chopped up a good amount of green peppers, hot peppers, cucumbers, zucchinis, celery, onions and lettuce, mixed it with a fat free zesty italian dressing, and it was all of 150 calories for a HUGE bowl. I was completely full at the end of it. I need to make that again tonight, as someone brought in home made salsa and tortilla chips at work and I had way too much, so I am teetering close to the edge of the calorie intake for today.

(p.s. - is that not the easiest lyric for me to use? To be honest, I can't believe I haven't used it already!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home