Thursday, August 03, 2006

Drink to me: drink to my health. You know I can't drink anymore.

I hate so much food yesterday, and it was almost good for me, except it was all dipped in chocolate fondue. Bananas, cherries, apples…peanut butter cookies, pretzels, marshmallows. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. And that was after the salad bar we had at work where I ate everything possible. 3 times.

So after a day like that, I got home at made a concerted effort to actually hit the 3 mile mark running. It was a bit tougher than you’d think, considering I regularly go 2.6 – 2.8 miles, but that last .2 of a mile was very tough.

Every time I thought of slowing down or stopping at my regular time, I thought of that peanut butter cup dipped in melting chocolate, and I just kept running. I know, written down, it doesn’t seem like that much, .2 miles, but it was a good milestone for two reasons. One, it is the first time I’ve run over 30 minutes. It only took my 31:04 to run that far, but usually I’ve had a mental thing about reaching 30 minutes.

I don’t know if I want to keep running 3 miles just yet, but it was good to get there once. Now I keep up the good work and try to pay attention more to eating, and I can get back on track.

On Sunday, my softball team will play for the championship of the league. I know it isn’t a big deal, but it will be fun. The playoffs are double elimination, which means you have to lose twice to be out of it. We have won all of our games, and the two teams left with one loss play each other Sunday morning, and the winner of that has to beat us twice to win the championship. We only have to win one more game. I can believe any team can be beaten on any given day, but I don’t think either of the two teams left can beat us twice.

In the semi-final game on Sunday, we were losing by 3 runs in the bottom of the last inning, when we scored 4 times to win the game. I scored the 12 and deciding run on a hit from Kyle, rounded home and expected to be mobbed by my team. Instead, the team all ran out to mob Kyle. I guess that is OK. I just wanted mobbed, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home