Thursday, July 20, 2006

If I acted less like me would I be in the clear?

I was eating well and had all plans to run yesterday. And then I got bad news. The gas lines coming into my home are full of holes and my gas is shut off until it is repaired. That isn’t good, I guess. It isn’t good to the tune of a lot of money. So I went out for some comfort food.

Using a web site on nutritional information on different foods, I ate approximately 3,037 calories yesterday, 1,917 after 10 pm. Let me tell you, if you go to Taco Bell, don’t get the 7 layer burrito. That alone is about 520 calories and 22 grams of fat. Holy Shit! That is a lot of calories. And I used to eat 2 or 3 7 layer burritos when I was younger. How did I ever get fat again?

It made me wonder why I don’t drink beer for comfort instead of shoving 7 layer burritos down my throat when I am angry & upset. Of course, if I drank instead of over-eating, this blog might be titled “12 steps to better life with Jesus?” instead of “No pain…no gain?” Something to think about.

I will do better today. I have to do better today. Over 3,000 calories isn’t an option for the future, at least not on a regular basis.

I have decided (with Carl reminding me of the alternative) to go all electric. I had talked in the past about getting away from natural gas, but didn’t think I’d do it now, like this weekend. Oh well, it has to be done sometime, might just as well be now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home