Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I understand I'm on the road where all that was is gone, so where to now St. Peter. Show me which road I'm on.

I’m back from Rome. And no further major trips planned in the future. At least none where I won’t be exercising much. When I go to Edmonton for the Folk Music Festival every year, I would ride a bicycle to and from everywhere, so I get plenty of exercise at that time. It was the only time I used to get exercise every year. So when I go there next month, I will be in better shape.

Rome was fantastic, but I am done with all the eating. Oddly enough, I only gained 5 pounds in Rome, so I am back up to 226 lbs. Ironically, this is the weight I had in the back of my head that I’d be happy with if I got to it when I started this crazy running/eating properly thing.

I ate like a pig in Rome. Most of the dinners were already included in the price of the trip, so I felt I needed to take advantage of that to save myself some cash. Well, know now that we had all breakfasts buffet at the hotel, and it was a great buffet, then the lunches and dinners were almost all 5 courses at the least. And I ate all of it.

I did run on Friday in Rome along the Tiber River. Let me tell you, the Tiber River is a disgustingly dirty river, and not recommended to run near, or live near, and, if it weren’t for the great ruins and building next to it, even walking near. But I did sweat a ton while running, and I felt better afterwards, as I hadn’t run in over a week.

I need to recommit myself to this diet and exercise. I haven’t done badly recently considering how much travel I’ve done, but I think I can be in better shape. And I want to be ready for one specific hill in Edmonton. I want to be able to bike up the entire hill and not stop at the bottom and walk my bike up the entire thing.

I hope to write more later about the trip and things in general as I have been lax on this site, but I have so much to do at home and work I don’t want to spend my time in front of the computer when I don’t have to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home