Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Are you getting somewhere? Or did you get lost in Amsterdam?

So here will be myone and onny update from Amsterdam.

Day one - sleep, food, riding the tram, sleep, drinking, sleep, and then some more food. The Pancake Bakery.

Day 2 - several museums, more food, more beer, a stop at a coffeehouse (I was only a visitor, not a participant in anything.) Went to the New Church, a beautiful 600 year old cathedral. Beer and more food.

OK, so take day 2, and pace that out over the past 3 days. We have run from one sight to another, riding the trolley system many times. I would say to anyone interested in going to Amsterdam to get the I Amsterdam card. It is a museum & trolley card that lets you get into all the major attractions and get to them on the public transport system.

Went to the Heineken Experience today, and it was fantastic, though I was a bit drunk at noon. That isn't always a bad thing, but it was weird to be stumbling around a foreign country in the middle of the day trashed.

I have gained tons of weight. I know this already. new pants that fit great when I bought them last Tuesday are a good bit tighter today. Not sure if I am happy about that or not, but I can only blame myself. I quit exercising and eating right the Friday before I left, and now am on my second week. I think for my trip to Rome at the end of June I will work out until the last possible moment, and not drink as much alcohol. Yeah, sure. The best laid plans...

We have the rest of today (it is dinner) and tomorrow before we leave for home on Thursday. So far, everything is going great, really a great time. This has been a very successful trip so far.

On a last note, I did forget how beautiful people are over here. I wonder if they know they are so much better looking, or if it is just they take it for granted. Americans are so fat. Trust me on that.
On Saturday eve, we came back to the hotel for a nap at 6:30 pm, and didn't really leave the hotel again until the next morning. Jet lag hit both of us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home