Thursday, May 04, 2006

Spare me the drone of your advice

I could only run for about 20 minutes last night. It was really weird not being able to run for longer, but that is OK. It was 2 miles, but my stomach was in knots by the end of the run. So I slowed it down, walked a little and finished.

I don’t know why, but even this morning, there is a strange little tickle in my stomach. Not like the vomiting tickle, but after I eat, in the upper abdomen, there is a slight rumbling. I won’t worry, as it seems my stomach went through something really bad 2 days ago, so I will take it easy and try not to get worked up over it. If it lasts into the weekend, though, I will have to look into calling my physician. I’ve heard of people having gall bladder problems and such when they lose large amounts of weight. I don’t want to have worked hard to lose weight just to get sick. Although…if I got sick, I’d probably eat less, and then lose more weight. Hmmm…not a good way to think, eh?

2 more softball games this weekend, and I can’t wait. I enjoy playing softball, and wish I had more time to join another team, but I don’t think I could play for a straight team, and we only have one gay league in Pittsburgh.

Carl is coming up to get his BMW, which is now fixed (he hopes) so another fun weekend ahead. I guess I forgot to mention that is BMW had some rear differential problem and it seized up on his Sunday drive home, so he had to have it towed off the PA Turnpike and into a BMW dealer to fix it, so he didn’t’ get back to Maryland until Monday. But the dealer has fixed it all up and he is driving his rent-a-PT Cruiser up tonight and picking up his Ultimate Driving Machine. At least that is what he calls it.

Working at the movie theater Friday & Saturday night, then softball Sunday afternoon. I am so living la vita loco, eh? Woo-hoo! Then softball Sunday, and back to work on Monday. Good thing I only work 4 days a week at my regular job or I’d miss out on life.

When offered the opportunity to work 4 days a week, it was until 8 pm, and it was nice to sleep in morning, get to work at 9:30 am, leave at 8 pm, and have Fridays-Sundays off. After a year of doing that, they decided not to stay open until 8 pm anymore, so if I wanted to do the 4 days/week I had to work 6:45 am – 5:15 pm. I chose to stay with the whole 3 day weekends, but it was because there were so many things I wanted to do for my 3 day weekends. And now, I don’t do anything much for my 3 day weekends. So what am I working for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home