Monday, May 01, 2006

all your friends, well they just patronize you. Don't God look forgot? He's just sittin' here.

I was down 3 more pounds on Saturday morning weigh-in. So my total weight loss after 6 weeks of doing this specific 1600 calorie/day diet is 20 pounds. Total weight loss after doing Atkins for the first 3 months of the year? 12 pounds. And I do think, overall, I am being healthier on this new diet.

So how did I celebrate my 6 weeks of eating healthy? I pigged out on all types of food. I can’t even tell you how much food I’ve had since Saturday evening at the Pirates game. Hot wings, nachos with cheese, hot dogs (both regular AND foot long variety), pierogies, potato chips, big greasy hamburgers, French fries, Vincent’s Pizza (you have to see this one to believe how big each slice is) and beer. I was gluttoness from Saturday evening until last night. And it was wonderful. And then it was kind of uncomfortable sitting at the ball game with a distended belly. And then it was really uncomfortable Sunday morning, as my softball team was playing at 11 am, and I was, um, running to the restroom all morning long at home.

But as of today, I am going to be back on track. Eating right and keeping count of the calories & fat. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, and I’m too lazy to look at my back entries, but I have written everything down I’ve eaten in the last 6 weeks. Even last Saturday when I binged, I wrote it down. And except for that one day and this past weekend, I’ve weighed everything that I’ve eaten and written it all down. I don’t think I want to keep that up for the rest of my life, but I want to get down to a better weight and then learn to eat healthy without weighing everything.

I am not going to weigh myself again for 2 weeks. No need to be annoyed this week after the good things I’ve accomplished.

I ran yesterday, but only for 10 minutes as a warm up for softball. I did only run 4 days last week, as I didn’t make time on Saturday to run. I had to work at the movie theater in the afternoon and then get to the Pirates game. I will start again today with my running regime. I think I will hit 3 miles/day this week. I am looking forward to hitting that mark.

Speaking of softball, I did half decent. I had one good hit, one shitty hit and one time I actually, for the first time in 11 years of softball (and many years of baseball through little league and high school) that I stepped on the plate when I hit the ball. There were two huge holes right by home plate, and just before the ball came in, I stepped a bit closer to the plate and stepped on it. Umpire called me out immediately, and I said not a word as I knew he was right. I did feel stupid.

I play left center, and I made one very good catch in the outfield, ball was tailing away from me, but I ran faster, and with the loss of 32 pounds I had the energy and the ability to push it a bit faster and made up the ground to catch it. However, that being said, I will say that I misplayed one ground ball to the outfield into a double. The ball was coming right at me on the ground, and looked up to see who I was going to throw it to, and the ball went under my glove. So the next ball came up and I slid when I got to the ball to make sure it didn’t get away.

But my really stupid play came in the opposing teams last at bat. With one runner at first base, a big hitter came up. I told the other outfielders that if he got a hit, keep it to a single and throw to second base no matter what the other runner did. The ball came out to me, and I decided at the last second that I could throw out the runner at third, which I didn’t and the hitter got to second base.

But I made up for that by scoring a run in the bottom of that inning with some good base running. I am usually a very conservative base runner. I don’t try to lure the other team to throw it my way. I get to the base and stand there. Some people get to the base and then start dancing around trying to get whoever has the ball to throw it to their area, and they immediately break for the next base. Yesterday, I rounded third with no intention of going any further, and the infielder got the throw from the outfield and blindly threw it home, but threw it way over the catchers head, and I broke for home, almost taking out the pitcher who was not paying attention and standing on the baseline. I slid, and tough I tore up my pants and my right knee, I scored.

So now my team, Pittsburgh Crush, is 1-0. And I do think that the months of running and eating better and taking off the weight has helped me be a better softball player. And really, that was one of the major reasons I started this whole exercise thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home