Monday, April 10, 2006

This bitter Earth, can it be so cold? Today you're young, too soon your old

3 more pounds. I weighed myself on Friday, and I was down 3 more pounds, which puts me under 240 for the first time in 3 years. And if I lose 2 more pounds, I will weigh less than I have since 1998, the first time I tried Atkins diet.

I started Atkins in August of 1997, and I was weighing around 245. I then lost a good amount of weight (didn’t know for the longest time how much as I didn’t have a scale then either) and then, during Super Bowl weekend 1998, with the Broncos beating up on the Packers, I laid in bed sick as a dog with infected wisdom teeth. I went to the doctors on Monday morning, and I weighed 207. It has been all downhill since that day (01/28/1998).

Now my goal isn’t to get to 207 lbs again. I don’t think that is possible. I don’t think that I have actually mentioned a goal weight on here before, because I didn’t want to set myself for failure. But if I’m being honest, I think that I should be at about 215 lbs. If I end up plateauing at 220-225 lbs, I will be happy. That is what I was after I left graduate school, and lasted that weight for a while, until after I quit smoking, just after I turned 26. Since that time, I’ve had so much trouble keeping weight down, but I don’t blame quitting smoking; that was the best thing that I’ve ever done for myself. I had so many breathing problems it was tough to walk fast, let alone run. Now, obviously, I can run and not feel like I’m going to die.

I had my first softball practice yesterday, and even though it wasn’t a full 3 hour practice, it was good, and I felt great afterwards. I do have a skinned knee, but that is all, and my arm and legs feel fine. There have been times in the past after the first softball practice where I couldn’t move my legs the next day without being in massive pain.

Pirates home opener his this afternoon, and I will be listening to the game from here in cubeland. Most people at work are surprised that I am not going to the opener, but I have a 20 game ticket plan, so I will get to enough games this year, so I am not worried. And I enjoy listening to baseball, so it isn’t like I’ll be missing too much, and I’ll be at the ballpark this Friday & Saturday for the games against the Cubs. Hopefully, the Buccos will be able to bounce back from such a bad start to get back into the winning column more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home