Tuesday, March 28, 2006

As you leave me please would you close the door and don't forget what I told you

Ran for 30 minutes last night while watching “Footballers Wives.” Actually, on my DVD it is noted to be “Footballers Wive$.” Those Brits are damn clever, I tells ya, and spot on! The funny part is that, because the TV in my office with the treadmill is old and has an terrible speaker, I always have to put the subtitles on when I run if I want to know what is going on in any DVD I watch. Well, after I finished running last night, I had about 15 minutes left on the episode I was watching, so I sat at my desk and turned off the subtitles…and couldn’t understand half of what was being said, especially by Ian, so I turned the subtitles back on. And then Kyle, played adroitly by Gary Lucy, took his robe off and got into the tub…and I didn’t need subtitles for that one. That Gary Lucy is beautiful! I want him to be the next ex-Mr. James.

Ate my food last night, which included manicotti, and I must say, this diet is going quite well, at least from the food satisfaction part. I enjoy most all the food I eat (had puffed rice this morning, and even with strawberries, not much taste in that breakfast) and I am eating mostly raw veggies and fruits, and that is good eatens!

The weather is slowly heating up, the sun comes out a bit more often, and I am ready for baseball to start. I got some bad news for me personally for softball. A good friend of mine has decided not to play softball this season on our team. It is for some health reasons, and I hope that he uses the time off to get healthier. I LOVE playing softball with this friend, and it is one of the little things that makes me want to play. He is a baseball nerd, and he & I will talk strategy during games, talk of what we should be doing as a team, defensive strategies, and it is so fun. He is also one of the best first baseball I’ve played with in this league. He can play a bounce from third and still know where the runner is up the line.

It has actually made me not want to play this season. And I will say that this is the first time in about 11 seasons of playing in this league that I’ve thought about not playing. The teams keep changing for any number of reasons, and there is always drama and shit going on, but my friend and I have played together for about 4-5 years, and it has been fun to show up, play, rehash afterwards, have fun with it. And now, not so sure.

But the Pirates season starts in 6 days, and part of life will be much better for me. I think before the season starts, I will make my own predictions and then people can make fun of me for them in October (or July if I am way off!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home