Tuesday, March 07, 2006

When you try your best but you don't succeed

So I had a great weekend in the DC Metro area, though really, outside of the Coldplay concert, we stayed in northern Maryland and that was OK with me.

This was the second time that I had seen Coldplay on lead singer Chris Martin’s birthday. And to celebrate, he ran up the side aisle and jumped up into the stands 4 seats from me and sang “In My Place.” Yeah me! Excellent show as usual, but Chris needs a shave & a haircut – he looks like the Yeti who had been on tour for the past year. He did say at the end “We’ll see you in a few years,” so I don’t believe that his announcement at the British awards show was a clue that the group was disbanding, just taking a break.

I ran on Friday at Carl’s to the new Steelers Super Bowl XL Champion DVD (on his 50” plasma screen in his loft – way cool!). It is quite the inspiring DVD to run to. Did my 30 minutes and felt great. Which is different from yesterday.

Last night I started running my usual…and within the first 4 minutes, my lungs were burning like they rarely do. My breathing was more labored than usual earlier on during my 2.5 mile run. I didn’t stop, though. I fought through and ran my 30 minutes, though I did take a little break in speed about halfway through. Recovery time was normal. I don’t know why it was tougher than usual, but I am glad I fought through it.

Now to the frustrating news for me. I have not lost a pound since 5 weeks ago when I last weighed myself. Not a pound. Nothing. I didn’t want to write about it Thursday as that is when I weighed myself and I didn't want another blog entry fiasco like the last time I weighed myself. I went to Carl’s and had a fun, relaxing weekend.

Food has been…bad at times. It hasn’t been horrible – except for Friday afternoon I went to the Montgomery Mall and ate 2 cheese pretzel gods from Wetzel’s Pretzels and some waffle fried from Chick-fil-a. A lot of beer & wine. Oh yeah, then the Waffle House on Sunday with Carl, Kyle & Rich. That was a very high carb meal. But those are it. Back to my regular meals this week.

I have my annual physical on Friday. I am hoping all goes well for me. It should, but I am going to question my doctor on why he thinks I am not experiencing much in the way of weight loss. I know there are many opinions, so I think I’ll throw his hat into the ring and see what he thinks. I do know that he has stated in the past what he thinks my goal weight should be, and it is even lower than what my own goal weight was, so he should have some ideas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you listen to the doctor, you don't listen to any one else.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home