Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Where we really want to go and we’ll walk in the sun; but till then tramps like us baby we were born to run

Squeak. High pitched squeaking. That is what I am getting when I run on the treadmill. And I am confused, as was fine of Friday when Jack finished fixing it. I ran on it then and it made no horrible, ear piercing, constant bloody squeaking when I ran. Fucking pain in the ears, but that is ok. I can still run, just blast the iPod in my ears and run. Run like the wind. Well, run like a fat bastard running on a treadmill, but still, run.

Monday I jumped right back on for 30 minutes. It wasn’t at the high speed I was going before it broke, but I was still topping out at 5 mph, ran over 2 miles. Wasn’t bad at all, and even my recovery time was fairly short. I was surprised. I was expecting to not be able to make it through 20 minutes, let alone 30 minutes. I was expecting to be sweaty and in pain, lungs feeling like they were going to collapse. I was expecting to have my entire night ruined with recovery. Instead, I got off the treadmill, and within 5 minutes was on the phone with a drunken Carl, in Georgia on business, bitching about the squeaking. Same thing last night, through I did slow down due to a cramp in the middle. Still completed 30 minutes and over 2 miles total. I am figuring I will be up to my previous running schedule next week, and by the end if March, I am on track to be running at least 3 miles a day. Yeah me!

Cooked a lot of food the past two days. I ended up buying a bag of chicken breasts, raw broccoli, cauliflower & asparagus. So I got out those small ceramic baking dishes I’ve had for years and used them, chopped up veggies, put them in with seasoned chicken, and some different sauce/marinade in each one and baked them. I’ve got some Chinese “dragon” sauce which is a kind of a spicy brown sauce, mango curry sauce, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (my personal favorite), a Caribbean jerk sauce and Thai peanut sauce. I did put mozzarella cheese on the Frank’s Red Hot sauce dish I made, but all others are currently cheese free. And so far, the Frank’s and the Caribbean ones have tasted great.

Still having eggs & bacon for breakfast each day (no cheese today – I have a bag of shredded moz and that is it in my house), had a big salad with peppers on Monday for lunch. Some sugar free ice cream each night. Just the basics, and I like it that way, and everything has tasted great. So all is going well.

Now if I can only stop that squeaking, I’d be happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

To be honest, it wouldn't bother me if Jack came back. He was, shall we say, quite easy on the eyes. If it weren't for the smell of smoke, I might have been more interested.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like a smack down on Bill Maher

I suppose you r some commie supporting pinup !!

Squeak Squeak

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home