Thursday, February 02, 2006

And if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

When it rains it pours. On Monday, while running, I heard some “Pop” underneath my feet…and then I noted the track was rubbing against the left side. So I got off and checked…and a bolt had snapped. I won’t take it personally, I know it had to be a defective bolt, but it didn’t make me feel thin and beautiful when you note that.

Now, this happened the day after my good headlight blew out. One headlight seems to have a loose wire and will go out sometimes and go on sometimes when I hit a bump, so I am taking it in to get fixed in a few weeks, but on Sunday I was driving home and the good one went out. Well, for those who have a Mazda and try to change their own lightbulb, you will know that there is some insane spring that is supposed to go around the back part of the bulb and snap under and behind it to hold it in place. Oh, and it is squeezed in to such a small space that a flashlight won’t help you see, and you can’t use any real tools as the windshield washer fluid receptacle is directly in front of the headlight.

If that sounds convoluted, that is because it is, and I don’t know how the makers thought it was a good idea. I have changed all my own head lights and windshield wipers on all cars I’ve owned, and yet this is the second time I have had trouble putting a headlight on this car. After a 90 minute struggle, I failed and had to call my brother-in-law. I had even more stress as, at this point of the year, I drive to work in the dark and drive home in the dark. If I have no headlights, that is going to be more dangerous than I usually like.

So I had two horribly frustrating days in a row. And now I can’t run when I get home until the part comes and this can be fixed, which should take until mid-week next week. This is making me grumpy. Really, really grumpy. It just hinders what I am trying to do.

Food food food. All week I’ve had bacon & eggs w/ cheese for breakfast. On Monday evening, I cooked up some low carb hamburger helper mac & cheeseburger, using ground turkey. So much less grease. It is good, though the low carb pasta is a bit off taste. Not really bad tasting, but you know you’re not eating real pasta. I had that with some brussel sprouts and 2 actual angus burger patties. I had 4 of the patties left over and I fried them up for the week. On Tuesday, for lunch I had some of the hamburger helper with spinach. For dinner, I ate some turkey & cheese cold cuts, broccoli and spinach. On Wednesday for lunch I had one sausage & ½ chicken breast that I had cooked in the crock pot on Saturday, with a small helping of the hamburger helper (there was a lot of the hamburger helper after I used a pound of ground turkey) and spinach. For dinner, Kyle had cooked for me. We had these great meatballs (3 of them) & cheddar cheese slices for appetizer, a great mixed greens salad with a chipotle ranch dressing, then grilled salmon & fresh steamed asparagus. Man, everything was so good, and I didn’t have to cook, which is great.

I will say that on Sunday I did get a ½ gallon of Edy’s vanilla ice cream and some Skinny Cow ice cream bars. I have had a bowl of ice cream or an ice cream bar each night before 9 pm. I do love ice cream.

I am still searching for different diets to eat, researching online. I have a few ideas, and am hoping that I can come up with something good soon, cause I don’t think the low carb is completely working for me at this time. Here’s to hoping that I can come up with something good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home