Monday, January 23, 2006

Here we go, Steelers, here we go! Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl!

Tired but happy today. I was way too hyped to actually fall asleep last night. Steelers kicked ass and didn’t look back. I loved every minute. My grandfather, Carl, Kyle & Chris were over to watch it on the big screen, and there is nothing I’d change about the whole game. When Ben ran off to the left and scored the last touchdown to finalize the victory and send the team packing for Detroit, the room erupted…and Carl screamed like a girl. Not like a woman, like a little 12 year old girl. Now, granted, this was after 6 beers and a more tense second half of the game than the final score would allude to, but it was a scream just like a 12 year old girl seeing Jesse McCartney for the first time. Good time had by all.

Kyle then went home after the game, brought Chris home, and from what I can piece together from reports, Kyle shaved the head of some local reporter in what can only be termed from now on as The Unfortunate Incident of 2006. I might have some of the facts wrong, but I find it interesting that there was mayhem and revelry in Oakland and the South Side, both of the places that Kyle was at directly following the Steelers victory, so you can add that up. And he does have a reputation with the police officers. I’m just saying. (Plus, he ain’t ever getting back on the internet, so he’ll never read this site and be able to refute the clear evidence I have laid out here. So there!)

Saturday started off with no breakfast, though it is the most important meal. But I did have the spinach & shrimp salad at Applebee’s for lunch late. Then I worked at the movie theater until 11 pm, came home and ate another fucking cheese sandwich and finished off a bag of soy chips. Oh, I did heat up some green beans with that sandwich, but I not sure if that made it healthier or not. Now it is low carb bread, but still, I think I won’t buy another loaf of it because it is the easy way out of making anything healthier. I have a freezer full of meats/chicken, and I do nothing about it.

Yesterday, started off with Sunday breakfast at Pamela’s with Chris, Kyle, Carl & Rich, but Rich had to get to work so he couldn’t join us to watch Big Ben and his PFJ shoes (I know it is written somewhere on there!) Why is it that all these athletes believe in the Jesus so much? I mean, it’s not like Junior actually played any sports. He just was a good orator who faked his own death. In my opinion. Look it up, bring me facts if you think I’m wrong. I’m just saying.

So for the Steelers game, we had wings, wings, some more wings, ranch dressing and celery. I drank water & root beer, while others had dirty martini’s and excellent beer. I might have to get some Amstel Light or Michelob Light for the Super Bowl, as I like the beer when I am watching the Steelers whoop ass, and everyone else got to take part in the Cherry Wheat Lager or Raspberry Ale. I think had I even drank one, it would have led to 2, 3, 4 or more. I abstained from the beer, and that is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home