Thursday, January 12, 2006

On top of spaghetti, all covered with CHEESE

Sea scallops. I love them, and I pan fried some up last night. I need some more spices in my house, as I fried them in butter and pepper only. And I still loved them. Thankfully, last time Kyle was over, he left 2 lemons (he made martini’s or cosmo’s or something such as that) and so I was able to use a small lemon wedge on the scallops.

I also tried turnip greens last night. I don’t think that you are just supposed to heat them and eat them. They were awful. Dreadful, actually. I finished them, but that will be the last time I do. Maybe there is a recipe out there to put them in. They reminded me of Kale – just terrible things to eat that are good for you.

And finished it off with asparagus, of course. Now this, I can get into. I want to get some fresh asparagus and steam it, I like that. I only had the canned stuff last night – still tasted great but I wanted fresh snappy asparagus. I think a trip to Whole Foods is in my future this weekend to stock up (today is, after all, pay day.) Oh, I snacked on some pork rind of course, and had some slices of cheese while cooking.

I ran for 29 minutes, same routine as Tuesday. Felt very good afterwards. I think I will stay at this level for the foreseeable future. It is fitting my schedule and is doable at this time.

I think I am eating too much cheese. I don’t have the adverse effects of cheese that some people do, but I think that I should spend a few weeks cutting back on it. The past few days, every meal I have usually has plenty of cheese with it, and I don’t just eat a little cheese. I’ve already gone through 2 pounds of American cheese this week alone. And it is only Thursday. And I have a pound super sharp cheddar and a pound of havarti at home ready for my 4 day fun fest of cleaning. Why can't I find the taste of Kale (once referred to as "Super Food") enchanting instead of fattening cheese? Calorie laden, fattening, creamy, tasty, calcium filled goodness known as cheese. I think I'm going to have some cheese right now.

Help me…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home