Friday, January 06, 2006

Here, There, and everywhere! Hip, Hip, so hip to be a square!

Whew...today was tough for me. First, I had to work on a Friday, and that always sucks. In my normal work week, I work Monday through Thursday for 10 hours. And no Fridays. However, When there is a day off from work for a holiday, I have to work 8 hours the other days of the week.

Then I had to get my oil changed, which is somehow a 2 hour ordeal with Firestone. Walked around the mall bored shitless. Then had to go to parents home for a while. So I got my running in late today. But I did the full 28 minutes. Got a cramp at about minute 12, but just ran through it. Glad I did it, and hope I can get around to it tomorrow.

I didn't start till after 8 pm, so I had to watch different tv than I am used to while running. I watched "Beauty & the Geek." This is a stupid show where they have hooked up these hot chicks and geeky guys and put them through all these strange activities - camping, sports, nice dinners, etc. And they get eliminated one couple at a time. It plays into all stereotypes about geeks and pretty girls. I will say, though, that most of girls are arrogant in their attitudes towards the guys. These guys are all geniuses (according to the set up of the show) and probably had a rough life, being picked on, have some of their social skills stunted, and these chicks have had everything handed to them because of their looks, and they still think they are better people because of this (In a commercial for Beauty & the Geek 2, one girl is asked where roast beef comes from, and she scrunches up her cute little nose, thinks real hard and says “Arby’s?” HA!) . Of course I kept watching because one of these guys was so my type! I am a geek queen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home