Thursday, January 05, 2006

And the calf that you carve with a smile Is MURDER And the turkey you festively slice Is MURDER

Last night I just rested. No running. I will say I feel much better than yesterday. I went home from work, slept for 2 hours, then got up, finished drying laundry, uploaded more songs onto the iPod, and then went to sleep at 10. I don’t feel 100% better today, but don’t feel like someone beat me up with a sock full of batteries.

All day long, I only ate one piece of cheese, then had a grilled chicken salad at about 7 last night, and a small handful of peanuts. Not exactly the most healthy day of eating, but I felt that if I ate anything earlier in the day, I would be seeing it again later on.

So far this morning, I’ve had some Egg Beaters with cheese. About a cup of them heated in the microwave. Put slice of cheese on top, it’s all a good breakfast. And I don’t feel like vomiting today.

I think I feel good enough to run tonight. I got ready to run last night, but had a headache and felt just shitty, achy and all that, so I decided not to do it. I hope I can jump right back into it tonight. And get it going at Carl’s on Saturday. After a long day of packing his stuff up in Pittsburgh then driving down to DC and unpacking, I’m hoping I have energy to do it. He got us two hotel rooms, so hopefully, there is some type of treadmill or running track there and I can do at the hotel. We shall see…

I was wondering how I was going to exercise while on vacation. I had been planning a trip to Thailand next month, and that would be 2 weeks of no exercise and eating poorly. Well, poorly at least in terms of low carb. But I don’t think I will being making it back to Thailand until November of this year.

Last time I went to Thailand, though, I did lose some weight. It is so hot and humid, and the places I stayed at did not have air conditioning, so I sweated a lot. So much of the food, especially the veggies and seafood, is fresh, so that is good. But it all comes with noodles and rice, and I can’t say no to the food. Or the beer. I can say no to the cabbies/tuk tuk drivers (tuk tuk is a 3 wheeled vehicle that goes at insane speeds through the streets of some Southeast Asian cities– www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/tuk-tuk/ ), but saying no to the food & beer is harder. Hmmm…that might explain this website a lot more.

Actually, it seems that my vacations can really explain this website more often than not. There is this restaurant in Berlin that serves the most divine apple strudel I have ever tasted. I don’t know the name of the place, but I know exactly where it is, on Unter den Linden just down from Alexander Platz. I have eaten it there 3 times, in 3 separate years, and each time it was incredible. I want to eat it now, to be honest.

I go to the Edmonton Folk Music Festival (www.efmf.ab.ca) every year, and other than the wonderful music, I look forward to trying all the different foods available by the vendors. They do a fantastic job of bringing in so many different types of foods, and I like trying just about everything. And the beer, of course. It’s all about the beer and food. Hmmm...I'm feeling the urge to run right now just thinking of all those things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home