Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I woke up the next morning and what did I see? My baby's cookin' bacon and she blackened it for me.

Lisa: No I can't! I can't eat any of them!
Homer: Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. Lisa honey, are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!
Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

So last night, I may have overdone the bacon at bacon night. I did my usual cashews/cheese sticks for morning energy, Egg Beaters/cheese mid-morning, then I only had some lettuce wrapped turkey & cheese for lunch. I had a grilled chicken salad for dinner at the Harris…then I had 23 pieces of bacon. It was an excellent, medium-thick, smoked bacon, but it may have been too much. I just felt so bloated, but I couldn’t stop. I am not one to be able to say “NO!” to free bacon. I think my mom was jealous that I wasn’t taking her when I told her about it.

Today so far, I have had the same as yesterday morning - cashews/cheese sticks for morning energy, Egg Beaters/cheese mid-morning. I am planning on having a Wendy’s salad again for lunch (chicken BLT w/ ranch.)

I ran for 29 minutes last night, and it was mostly running. This is the routine I did:

Minutes
2 walking 3 mph
2 jogging 4 mph
22 running 5.5 mph
1 ½ jogging 4 mph
1 ½ walking 3 mph

Usually in the middle I’ve done some jogging/walking when It’s been tough, but yesterday I was able to run the 22 minutes straight through. I am hoping to be able to get used to that routine, instead of the little break in the middle. I think once I get to 30 minutes next week, I’m going to run that for at least 2 weeks straight, instead of going to 31 minutes. Just makes sense to me to let my body get used to it.

I am gearing up for a 4 day weekend where I am going to clean my house up, start setting getting out of boxes and generally make it feel like my own place. It’s only been 7 months that I’ve lived there – it’s about time I start emptying boxes. It’s not like I rent, I own this one, so I am saddled with a 30 year mortgage; not going anywhere! I plan each day over the weekend to clean different area, and hope that I can be organized enough to do it, or at least make a dent on all the boxes I have.

I think I am also going to do stuff with friends. I know Kyle & I are planning on a dinner/movie tomorrow night (Munich) as his partner is busy, and he doesn’t work this Friday, and I think I will ask Chris to do a Queer as Folk night on one of those evenings (if he is free.) I have a habit of hibernating in the winter time (no bear jokes, please) and I want to get out there more, do more things with friends than just talk on the phone and IM them. I’ve done more when Carl is in town as he wants to do more, but now that he has his own home, he won’t be up as often, and I will tend to sit at my home watching whatever is On Demand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home