Tuesday, January 10, 2006

(To the tune of Goldfinger) Max Power, he's the man, whose name you'd love to touch. But you mustn't touuuuuuuuuuuuuch.

Homer: Kids, there's three ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
Bart: Isn't that the wrong way?
Homer: Yeah, but faster!

I think today is the toughest day for me. This is the day where the diet & exercise is doing nothing, there is no noticeable change in anything on me, and yet I feel like I’ve suffered a lot so far, running and not eating all the foods I want. I know, intellectually, that it will happen.

I did something similar to this at the beginning of 2003, but I was using the Gazelle (www.tonylittle.com) and after you get used to it, there is no resistance, and it wasn’t any good for me, so I slowed down using it, and then stopped…and then things happened, life went on, and I became fat again. But I do credit that exercise/diet regimen with helping, because I was actually over 270 pounds when I started that one. I was down to about 236 pounds when I stopped that, and was doing well, but plateaued for about 3 months at 236 and could lose more, and the Gazelle wasn't helping. So I will keep running, and keep eating lower carb, and I will lose the weight and be healthier.

I am going to Bacon Night at the Harris Grill in Shadyside (www.harrisgrill.com) with Holly. If you sit at the bar, after 7:30 you get a basket of 4 strips of bacon. And if you want more, you will get another basket of 4 strips of bacon. And this isn’t old crusty bacon I’m talking about. I’ve had basket after basket of good, meaty, juicy thick bacon time and time again on a Tuesday night! We plan on getting as much bacon into our systems as possible. Of course, I will get a salad before the bacon, and the I will stop eating by 9 pm – don’t want to sleep on a completely bacon full stomach, now do I?

I am going to run before dinner. I have to get home during rush hour traffic, run for 29 minutes and shower all before 7 pm (I leave work at 5:15) when Hol & I will be heading towards The Harris. It will be cutting it close, but I don’t think I want to cut out the shower (at least for Holly’s sake) and I certainly want to get my run in before I eat that much bacon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home