Thursday, January 19, 2006

She loves me like a ROCK. She ROCKs me like the ROCK of ages, and loves me

“Rock crushes Paper!”

In watching my new guilty pleasure again last night, "Beauty & the Geek", the geeky guys individually come through to the pool area where the bikini clad beauties get to talk them, the guys go back in and one of the woman chooses each guy. Well, there were 2 women left and 2 geeks left, one geek came through the doorway, was very awkward, talked about vomiting from nerves, and went back through to wait for a girl to choose him. Well, the 2 girls decided to play rock-paper-scissors to decide (loser obviously had to choose this guy). One girl put up Rock, and the other girl put up Paper. Both thought they had lost, and the Rock girl walked to accept her defeat, but Paper girl (who more appropriately should be Rock girl) got up to go, then sat back down, looked at the camera and said, confused as she clearly didn’t understand how it worked “Rock crushes Paper.” I nearly fell off the couch laughing my ass off. She actually thought she lost because the Rock would have crushed her Paper. And it made me think, in her version of this game, why would you ever choose Paper then? Scissors cut Rock, Rock crushes Paper. You probably couldn’t convince this girl that you ever won with Paper to her Rock.

And later on in a competition, another girl, when shown a picture of a screwdriver and asked to tell what kind it was (Phillips was the right answer) the girl said “Hand held.”

One of the Geeks was asked to fill in the blank with the name of a fashion designer:

(BLANK) St. Laurent

Now the guy said “Ralph.” And I thought at least that was a good guess. I mean, it is “Lauren,” only one letter away from “Laurent” But the girl looked at him like he should ride the short bus, and in an individual interview she said “Had he joined us in the hot tub last night he’d know this as we talked about Yves St. Laurent." Like Yves St. Laurent is a normal topic of conversation around hot tubs around the world. Insanity!

Oh, and I have a new word to add to my lexicon – Shoegasm! I am guessing this is that special feeling a person gets in their naughty parts when they find just the perfect shoe. I think as the IQ lowers, the more chance that you will experience a Shoegasm on a regular basis. Go ahead, prove me wrong! And the girl who talked about this looked like that idiot hairdresser, Paulette, from "Legally Blonde". Again, just had me rolling on the floor.

Chris & I watched this together virtually over AIM. We also watched "American Idol" beforehand, and though it had some good moments (the auditions always do) I don’t think AI compared to B & G. The little cowboy Garrett was adorable (and he is going to make Carl watch the regular show until he gets voted off), and the strange Zachary at the end (wearing high heel boots, low cut girls jeans, a swoop necked blouse and shoulder length hair crimped and pulled back behind the ears, high pitched voice and very feminine dance moves) who was taken aback when Randy asked “Are you a boy?” was certainly interesting, but I can’t remember all the funnier things from AI after watching B & G. Here’s hoping that they can make it through all the auditions to get some talented finalists.

Had my regular eggs/cheese & bacon for breakfast, and finished off my no noodle lasagna/casserole for lunch today. I think for dinner I am having pork. I have this Thai Peanut sauce, and it is thick, almost peanut butter consistency, and I have slathered this Thai Peanut sauce all over it a few days ago and have let it pseudo- marinade in it. I will put it in aluminum foil with some onions and peppers and bake it up. Maybe make a quick salad with shredded cheese and tomatoes as a starter. Hopefully I will be able to update that part after I finish eating. I am excited about dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home