Friday, January 13, 2006

You might meet a movie star or maybe even an Indian chief (Workin') at the car wash

I did run for 29 minutes yesterday. Felt great. For lunch yesterday I finished off the scallops & asparagus. Then, last night I ate broccoli and mini bacon cheeseburgers. I swear, they are small, meatball sized, and they are bacon & cheese filled. I know I was going to try to stay away from red meat in these two weeks, but fuck it. I also did break down and have some soy chips. I counted out 20 of them with dinner. I don't care, I've been good and I deserve them!

Went to see Munich last night with Kyle. Excellent movie, very well done, and it ended up being different than I thought. It wasn't some Israeli-apologist movie, and it wasn't just a revenge movie. Really deep, well done movie. Then I came home at 1 am and ate 40 more soy chips (and yes, I actually counted out 40 of them.)

Had cheese, sausage & tomato omelet this morning with bacon. Excellent omelet and this little greasy spoon down the street from my place. Mom & I go there a lot on Fridays.

I then went to see Brokeback Mountain by myself. I recommend this movie. It was different than I thought it would be. I don't know what I was expecting, but it ended up being so much more. The character development was amazing, the acting was excellent, the movie was just so well done. I think I expected some tear-jerker that tried to pull the emotions in every scene, and instead it really just told a story. And it made me glad I wasn't a gay cowboy in the Wyoming in the 60's & 70's.

I am not running today. After the movie, I came home and as it was beautiful, sunny & 68, I raked the back yard (very bad, and my back yard is filled with trees - didn't rake it in the fall, and it really needed it.) Then I got out the extension ladder and cleaned out 3/4 of my gutter. Didn't do the front of the house, but there are no trees to clog the front up too much. After that, it was dark and I washed my car - I hadn't done that since the spring at the least.

So, I have no energy left, and I want to shower and pick up Chris to watch some Queer as Folk. He's never seen it, and I have all of the episode (Actually, I'm missing one fucking episode in all 5 years, but it goes on sale 05/09/2006 on DVD so I will have it all). Therefore, no running. I will do it tomorrow. I'm helping my Mom out in the morning, till about 1 or 2 pm. Then I will run. I like that plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home