Monday, January 30, 2006

It's my time to write, it's your time to call; There's something about distance that gets to us all

Failure. It isn’t an option, so I spent the weekend regrouping my thoughts to see how to proceed. And if you were one of the people I talked to about this over the weekend, I am sorry. I was kind of angry, and it came out in every conversation I had.

Not sure I’ve come up with anything solid. One quick change to the program is that I will be running on Saturdays. I think Mondays were too tough to run after 2 complete days off. So I am going to work on a day during the week to take off from running, and then still run 5 times a week from Sunday through Saturday.

This was a basic weekend for food. I think I am going to work at cutting down on the low carb breads. I just think, even though they are low carb and I have been good at not eating too many slices, it might be contributing too many carbs total into my system. And cheese. I am averaging about 3 pounds of cheese a week. I know that the Atkins thing is supposed to work more or less no matter how many calories and fat you eat, but I think I may have been going overboard.

That being said, here is food list for the weekend, starting with Friday as that is when my weekend always begins.

Friday – bacon & eggs, and I ate 1 piece of wheat toast and one mouthful of the hash browns that came with it. For lunch, went to an all-you can eat buffet with my nephew and had a salad (basically a chefs salad) with ranch, some steamed cauliflower, a spoonful of bourbon chicken, 5 hot wings and one burger patty with cheese. I ended up having 4 slices of cheese and ham for dinner with spinach as I was still full from the lunch.

Saturday – made myself a bacon/egg/cheese sandwich on low carb flatbread for breakfast. I know I have just finished saying that I was going to cut those low carb bread products, but that is going forward, not today. I didn’t eat anything after that until dinner, where I had slow cooked hot sausage & chicken breasts in a red sauce with some green & red peppers and onions. I ate in total one chicken breast and 2 hot sausages.

Sunday – Cooked myself eggs & bacon for breakfast. You see a pattern on what I like for breakfast? Then I cooked up some wings, but only ate some of them as even though I put them in for 40 minutes at 425 degrees, some of them weren’t cooked all the way through and it made my stomach turn when I bit into one without it. I had some brussel sprouts and a handful of pork rinds. All very good so far.

This morning I ate eggs, cheese and bacon. Now the cheese that I had this morning was shredded. That is usually easier to limit than slices. When I have slices of cheese I just eat them right down, one after the other. With shredded, I use a handful over the top of the scrambled eggs. For lunch, I had a Weight Watchers “Carb Conscious” lunch, honey chicken and string beans. Good enough, and these frozen dinners were on sale this week at The Big Bird.

I didn’t end up running on Friday, but I did on Saturday, so that still gave me 5 days (Mon-Thurs, then Saturday.) What I did on Saturday was different though. I only warmed up 90 seconds at 3 mph, then 90 seconds at 4 mph, then ran at 5.5 mph for 24 minutes, then cool down 90 seconds at 4 mph, 90 seconds for 3 mph.

Well, one last thought. I admit that this blog is mostly for my own personal record keeping and to help me be responsible for doing what I want, but I would think that at least one person would make some positive comment after Fridays rant. At least one little note saying “Keep it up,” or “You can do it.” Am I not worth a few mouse clicks to add a comment?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I'm guessing I am not. Interesting.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home