Saturday, February 11, 2006

Look the people in the eye, tell them, my oh my, let your backbone slide

The entire response to my plea for satisfaction:

"Mike,

I apologize for the problems you are having. I have notified the service coordinators about the situation and they will look into it and get things straightened out for you."

My response:

"Thank you for your response. I will advise you that I do have an appointment to get the treadmill fixed on Friday 02/17/2006. My problem is with the abysmal level of customer service I have endured from your organization. And to apologize, though very nice, is not enough. I would like to know that if I call again in 3 or 4 months with a problem, I am not going to receive the same poor level of service.

I was led to believe when I first called into your center that it was going to take 3-5 days for the part and 3-5 days for the technician. That is a minimum of 6 days, maximum of 10 days. Instead, it is going to take a total of 18 days. That is unacceptable. You are in a business that sells a product where expectations are high and use is continuous. I run 5 times a week. I don't run outside well, that is why I paid $2000 for a treadmill and warranty. To have that interrupted for 6-10 days seemed like a problem, but I understood that situation. Sadly, that meant I should have been back up and running, literally, by yesterday at the latest. Instead, it is going to be another week until that happens.

I know I do work different hours than most people. I work 10 hour days Monday through Thursday, but I am home by 6 pm each night. Just off the top of my head, I can name 6 people I know who have treadmills (and most of them are NordicTrack) and they all work a regular work day, all getting home after 5 pm at the earliest. Now this technician has informed me he isn't able to fix the treadmill after 6 pm in the next week. The times he gave me were 10 am on Tuesday and 11 am on Friday. No time this weekend. To tell me that the technician could take 3-5 days does not take into account my schedule, or most of your regular customer’s schedules.

First off, your organization needs to set up realistic expectations. Secondly, they need to actually deliver on the expectations that you set up. And thirdly, your entire organization needs to treat the customer with a higher level of respect. That would go a long way to helping repair the problems that I have faced.

An empty apology isn't enough. Leaving out the timeliness problems I have with the situation, you don’t address the lies and you don’t address the disconnected phone calls I have endured with your organization. If something happens and I need to use this warranty again, I do not want to see this horrible level of service again. If I do, I will not only make sure that I don't buy your product again, I will tell as many people as I am capable of telling not to use/buy your product. Getting my current situation "straightened out" isn't a problem. I've muddled through your process to get the appointment. I would like for there to be some kind of improvement on the process that will make me want to continue to buy your products in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home