Thursday, February 09, 2006

I can't get no satisfaction...

Actual e-mail I sent today, for obvious reason.

"There had better be some type of satisfaction to this e-mail. My anger level is at an all-time high! This is making me regret, yes I said REGRET, the decision to buy anything from NordicTrack.

I paid $1800 for my NordicTrack 7600R in October 2005. On 01/30/2006 a bolt broke that made it impossible to run on the machine without inflicted damage to the track. I called the "Customer Hot Line" as you like to refer to it, at 1-888-825-2588. It was about 6:47 pm (All times are EST). Do you know what I got? 13 minutes of hold music and then disconnected. When I called back, the outgoing message advised that the service center was closed.

I called back on 01/31/2006 at 11:43 am I called and spoke with Travis. I explained the problem, and he told me that he would send the part out that I need and I should receive it in 3-5 days. Then a technician would call me and I'd be able to schedule an appointment in 3-5 days.

Well, after 8 days (I called early in the afternoon, any mail could have been shipped on the date I called), on 02/07/2006 I called back at 6:05 pm. After 11 minutes on hold, the phone disconnected. I called back at 6:16 pm, and when a service person got online, I was rudely asked for my phone number saying all reps were busy and this was just an answering service. I said that I'd prefer to hold for the next available, and I was DISCONNECTED! I called back a third time - A THIRD TIME!! - and a very nice rep explained that they are swamped and they need to take my phone number to get back to me after the lines closed 7:00 pm EST. I gave my home phone number and cell phone number. No return phone call was ever made.

I called the service number on 02/08/2006 at 10:52 am. I spoke with Christine. She advised me that the part was shipped on 02/02/2006, and that they wouldn't be able to send a replacement part until after 02/09/2006.

The part showed up on 02/08/2006. I, like many people, work until later on in the evening, getting home regularly around 6:00 pm most days. So I tried calling the phone number that Travis had given me on 01/31/2006 for the technician who would repair it - 1-800-326-0406. This number rang and rang. It rang so much that a recorded message came on advising that the other party isn't answering, and disconnected. I tried this another time, in case I got the number wrong, and guess what? Rang and rang again until the line disconnected.

So I called 1-800-326-0406 at 9:33 am on 2/09/21006. I was advised that the would take my information and guess what? A technician would call me to set up an appointment. I asked when he worked, and she advised he did his scheduling on his own and she didn't know when he worked. SO I verified my home and cell phone numbers.

I get home after work today, and there is a message from some technician advising that he could come out some time between 10am-12pm on Tuesday 02/14/2006. Well, I can't be around for that as I work, as most Americans do. But here is the great catch - I need to call him at 1-800-326-0406 if that is good, or to schedule a different time if that isn't convenient.

WHY DID HE GIVE ME THIS PHONE NUMBER??? THESE PEOPLE AT THIS NUMBER MADE IT CLEAR THAT THEY DON'T SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS THIS AFTERNOON WHEN I CALLED! THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HIS SCHEDULE WAS OR WHEN HE WORKED.

Where is any of this good customer service? I feel I was misled time and again, treated poorly by just about everyone during this whole ordeal, and the only 2 representative who were nice to me lied. I don't think saying twice that I would receive the part in 3-5 days is truthful when I received it 9 days later. I never got any type of call back from your customer service number, and I called again tonight at 6:06 pm and guess what? All reps are busy and someone offered to take my number and have someone call me back. That would be just more lies.

Your organization, if you represent NordicTrack, is about lying, is about poor customer service and is about not taking care of a problem. How is it that you can operate in such a manner?

This has made me look into the possibility of sitting in front of any NordicTrack store and tell the customers exactly what your organization is all about: lies, deceit, passing the buck. This makes me want to shout about this idea of service as loud as I can. I paid $200 for this "extended warranty" and it is, in all likelihood, going to be close to three weeks before this will be fixed.

This is unconscionable. This is egregious. This is unethical. How many people do you think I will make sure I tell about this situation? As many as I can make listen to me.

I demand some satisfaction from you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home