Monday, February 20, 2006

Back in the saddle again. Whoopi-ty-aye-yay, I go my way. Back in the saddle again

Today is a new day. OK, every day is a new day, but for me, today is the first day of the rest of…oh, screw that. The treadmill is fixed and I will start anew the running portion of our program.

For those of you wondering, or, more accurately, to give detail to it, I have not really exercised for the 3 weeks that the treadmill was out of commission. People have pointed out that I could have run outdoors, but really, I spent the first 36 years of my life proving that running outside regularly for exercise purposes was not going to happen. Hence the spending of $2,000 to make sure I can run inside.

So, for all the bitching I did about the poor customer service NoServiceTrack (That is the most clever I can come up with right now - if anyone has a better bitchy/clever rip name for NordicTrack, please leave it in my comments) gave me, Jack the technician came out not only fixed the bolt, he spent an hour reviewing the entire treadmill for routine problems he has seen. He fixed a few, and then had me run on it for about 15 minutes off and on as he adjusted everything (half of it was on an incline as he made sure the rollers controlling the incline were working properly.) He even suggested that I call NordicTrack about new wheels for the back of the track as these ones are not very good and make a lot of noise, which they do.

My eating for the past few weeks has been hit & miss. Nothing too bad, but not as many veggies as I’d have liked to get into my system. Mostly I’ve been eating cold cut sandwiches with low carb Atkins bread. Not really what I wanted to do, but it was a lzy time for me.

This weekend I did have a wine cooler (how 1987 of me, eh?) which I noted when I was half through was nothing but sugar, so I cutit with some Bacardi…and it was all better. On Sunday went to a Brunch with Kyle where I did eat one Eggs Benedict and a crescent roll. But other than those, nothing too high in carbs.

I spent the weekend organizing my books. When I bought my house, one of the things I fell in love with were the built in bookshelves in the living room. I love books, and I love displaying them. So I buy the house, and then…do nothing with the bookshelves. No, not nothing, I have kept all manner of junk on the bookshelves. While all my books rot in boxes in Carl’s room (I have a three bedroom house – my room, the office, and Carl’s room. It just seems easier to call it that, and it let’s people know that, despite my family insisting on it, Carl & I aren’t dating or sleeping together. He has his own separate room in my house. And duh!, why would we need that if we were sleeping together? Think people, think.)

So I spent the weekend taking books out of boxes, organizing and cleaning them (there was a lot of dust on them from my last place) and now they will be displayed throughout my house. I did all this while watching 22 episodes of “Veronica Mars”, which is a television show my best friend Bethany watched and then she loaned me the first season on DVD. I enjoyed the season tremendously, thought the writing and acting was mostly good. I say watch it.

However, you might not want to listen to me. I will leave you with this warning, though. I love TV. I love watching TV, I love collecting TV programs. Before they started selling every television show on DVD, I would records whole seasons of show on VHS tape and save them. I have boxes and boxes of VHS tapes of older shows, some of which haven’t been sold on DVD as of yet. I will quote Homer Simpson in explaining my view of the wonders of television:

“Television: Mother, teacher, secret lover!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home