Monday, March 27, 2006

You don't have to watch Dynasty to have an attitude

Well, another weekend has come and gone…and I’ve done not much of anything. Cleaned around the house and such, and yesterday Chris & I put up a new shower curtain rod in the bathroom (it is bowed so that it gives you more room in the shower – very nice!)

Eating plan was right on schedule all weekend. So now I’ve gone 8 days with 1600 calories or less each day. It is getting easier and easier each day. The only thing that is annoying is preparing each meal. So yesterday, after putting up the shower curtain rod, Chris & I went to TGI Friday’s for lunch. I had the tilapia bruschetta, which comes with wild rice and steamed broccoli, and the menu says that the meal was approximately 500 calories and 10 g fat.

I ran Thursday, Friday & Saturday, so that is 5 times last week. I like that schedule, and am going to try to duplicate it again this week. I keep pushing it faster and faster, and on Saturday I ran the last ½ mile at 6 mph. I want to keep up that pace. I’ve also got a new TV show to watch while running – Footballers Wives from Britain. I don’t normally watch those soaps/dramas, but I got the first season on the cheap, and the guys in it are hot, so I picked it up. I do enjoy it, and was excited to see that they are in the fifth season of the show now, so I’ve got a lot more to watch!

So I weighed myself yesterday at my mother’s house. And I had not lost a pound yet. I weighed the exact same that I weighed when I went to the Doctor’s on March 10. I know it has only been 7 days, but how is it possible to run 5 times a week, which, according to the read out on the treadmill I should be burning about 350 calories after I finish, eat less than 1600 calories per day and STILL not lose even a pound. Nothing.

Just to let everyone know, when I was done at the doctors, I went to my parents home and used her scale and it was exact with the doctors office. I have done that several times after being weighed at the doctor’s office and my mom’s scale has always been accurate.

I had two people ask me on Saturday if my clothes felt like they fit different. No. None of them do. I notice no change whatsoever in my weight. And I doubt that it is all some muscle gain that is compensating for the weight loss.

Having said that, I am not going to panic. I am going to do this for 5 more weeks, at the least, and really evaluate the whole food intake at that time. If it is working for me at that time, all the better. But if it isn’t, I don’t know what the next step will be. I won’t panic thinking about that at this time, though. All good things and that.

Last note, this is my 50th post. I am surprised that I have lasted 50 posts. I am happy that I have kept doing this 50 times, and I know it has helped me. I hope that after 50 more, all will be working well and I might not need to write as often about my weight/exercise program. I am not happy to be this weight, and it, at times, has been a struggle to write about it. Here’s hoping you don’t have to read about it for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home