Tuesday, March 21, 2006

So many times I've played around I'll tell you now, they don't mean a thing

Woops. Yesterday, I cut out a few things I wasn’t interested in for the meals, and I ended up with only 1073.3 calories for the day. My doctor pointed out when he told me about the lower calorie diet that I didn’t want to try to get too low on calories at first as my body will think that it is being starved, and it will go into survival mode. I don’t think mine will do that, but I don’t want to tempt it. I didn’t realize how few calories I had until right before I went to bed when I added them up.

Today, I have tuna salad filled tomatoes. I am not a big fan of tuna, but it isn’t the worst food. I was talking yesterday about the few foods I don’t like. I can only think of a handful, like liver, green olives (pimento?), anything in grape leaves, that I won’t eat. Ever again.

Well, I mention these as tuna has been on that list for most of my life. I don’t like the canned tuna, usually. I have had some tuna steaks that aren’t bad, but the “chicken of the sea” stuff has usually turned my stomach. And for lunch today? Tuna salad (made with one teaspoon of light mayo) stuffed into tomatoes. Oh how far I have come.

I ran for 30 minutes again last night, and it felt great. I think next week I am going to try to push myself more on running. I’ve gotten used to the 30 minutes, and the routine I’ve been doing. It feels good to be able to run for that time, when 6 months ago I barely able to do 18 minutes, and half of that was brisk walking.

I have an update from Toby, my supposed pseudo-homeless friend. He seemed to find some wealthy guy in California to send him enough money to take a train trip to Los Angeles. And a cell phone. He keeps calling me on his 4 day journey through the good old USA to give me updates (“Milwaukee is boring,” “Colorado is very snowy,” “New Mexico is very hot.”) Last Friday he called me about how cold he was as the place he was staying at didn’t have heat or some such thing, and I told him he could stay at my place for an evening if he wanted to do it. And 2 days later he is on an all-expenses paid trip through this country, with cash on hand and a free cell phone to boot! How is this fair?

He gets fired from his job, goes psuedo-homeless, and decides to have an all-expenses paid vacation in California? And this is about the third time in the 7 years I’ve known him that he has lost a job and somehow landed on his feet, or at least had the opportunity to take time off without worry about money. And how does he do this, you may ask? I am loathe to be so crass, but frankly, it is his enormous endowment. He was talking to some guy on the internet, prior to losing his job, and this guy was asking him to visit him in Los Angeles. When I asked why this guy was interested after a few internet conversations (and I have pointed out that Toby isn’t exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer) it turns out that Toby’s picture on his profile is him naked, hanging halfway down to his knees. And doesn’t that make him a prostitute?

Fuck! Now I am angry at myself for feeling so sorry for him, when really, he was just playing the field, waiting for the right offer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corn Pupps have always worked
Just don't get the breaded ones.
Let's head to Greece together. The Greeks know how to lose weight through 'settling'

Bambi Slam

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home