Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Take me away from here, up where the air is clear, and there's nothing to do. And nothing to say

A total of 1488.14 calories and 23.1 g of fat yesterday.

Steak & potatoes. That is what I had for dinner last night. With some carrots/broccoli/cauliflower veggie mix. It might have been the best fucking steak I’ve ever made myself in my entire life! If I was one prone to hyperbole, I’d say it was the best fucking steak I’ve ever eaten, but that goes to the filet mignon I had at Ruth’s Chris Steak House last November (thank you Carl!).

I just think that other than last November, I couldn’t tell you the last time I allowed myself mashed potatoes, and they just go so well with a steak.

Ran for 30 minutes when I got home, setting the treadmill on 5.7 mph for the last 10 minutes. Got a good sweat in, and that made me feel good. I was hoping to be running longer by the end of March, but I think I will try to set it at 6 mph for the last 10 minutes of my 30 minute runs next week.

As it is the first week of Spring, we here in Pittsburgh got our first snow fall of Spring yesterday. Nothing much, just a dusting, but nonetheless, a snowfall. It was actually a mild winter, which I was quite happy for, what with me for the first winter having to deal with a long, downhill driveway that empties directly onto a major road that is slippery with some ice/snow on it. But hey, I bought the house knowing about the driveway, so I can’t complain.

Spring has brought the one thing I do hate – allergies! Even with the snow and cold weather, my allergies are kicking into gear. I come into work all snotty, drippy and sneezy (3 of the 7 dwarfs?), and really, no one wants to think about all day long. I didn’t used to have allergies, or I should say that I didn’t know I had any. Prior to quitting smoking, any snottiness and sneezing and drippiness was attributed to the side effects of smoking. About a year after I quit smoking, I was still snotty, drippy & sneezy, and my doctor was talking to me about medications, and was surprised to learn that I didn’t know I had allergies. They aren’t too bad, but they do get annoying when I get snotty, drippy & sneezy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home