Sunday, April 23, 2006

Would you catch me if I fall?

2 more pounds. That is the weight loss this past week. And yesterday, I was at 2.94 miles on the treadmill. A little more work, and I will b at 3 miles. Not bad for someone who couldn’t even run 1.5 miles 6 months ago. I think the first week in October when I was running I was at 1.25 miles and thought I’d die. And then I’d sit around my house for 30 minutes trying to recover. Yesterday, I got off the treadmill and about 3 minutes later, I was typing away an e-mail to another friend. Not bad at all.

I worked last night and the movie theater, and then was just craving a Whopper, so I stopped by Burger King on the way home at midnight. Oh, I should mention that the movie theater I work at has the best fries I’ve ever tasted, and I had a handful of them while working, the first time I’d done that in 5 weeks of this diet. I haven’t grazed since I started this diet, and last night I was just in the mood. Having fries just put me in the mood for a burger.

So I ate a Whopper last night. But it didn’t stop there. I have these little appetizer things called “Bacon Cheeseburger Bites.” So I had a small serving of them. Then I was in the mood for pizza, so I took out a Lean Pocket Supreme Pizza and ate that. Then I had 6 Jalapeño Poppers (deep fried dough wrapped chopped Jalapeño with cream cheese.) Then I said “Fuck it” and had a cheese sandwich with 2 slices of low fat cheese on lite wheat bread with lite mayo. Then I had a handful of Cheese Curls (no hydrogenated fats or trans fats from Whole Foods) and then more than a handful of Rice Cakes (cheddar cheese flavored.) And then I was done.

So I estimated my caloric intake of yesterdays binge – 2065 calories and 85.5 grams of fat. Since I did eat two meals yesterday prior to my binge, that is a total of 3140.2 calories and 111.9 grams of fat. Twice as many calories than I usually have in a day, and 3 times the fat. According to one web site, a Whopper has 670 calories and 41 grams fat alone! Fuck!

I wanted to make it through a full 6 weeks before I had a bad day from this diet, and I was one week off. I am not going to beat myself up over it, and I do think I needed on really bad day, so I am glad I did it in a more controlled way (at my house, with my foods except for the fries & Whopper). Looking up that burger online, I should have gone to Wendy’s, though – fewest calories of the major 3 burger chains. But I should have picked Taco Bell, at least for calorie & fat content.

I might try to throw in an extra treadmill session today, just so I don’t feel like a total waste, but it isn’t that important. In retrospect, when I was doing the Atkins diet, I am estimating that I was up to about 4,000 calories per day, sometimes even more. So one day in 35 where I do just over 3,000 calories isn’t going to kill me. I just am not getting on the scale anytime soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home