Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Science fails to recognise the single most potent element of human existence

400 calories. That, according to the NordicTrack, is how may calories I burned yesterday running on the treadmill. I had a total of 1497.6 calories yesterday, so I burned almost 25% of my calories just running. I like the thought of that, because you have to think that doing anything, walking to printer at work, driving a 5-speed, walking up and down steps doing laundry, washing dishes, anything that I did yesterday had to burn up a the other calories.

The question is do I try to tailor more of my food/activity to burn up more calories? Would that help at all, or would I be setting myself up for failure? I got a good thing going on now, with around 1600 calories/day and running. If I start messing with that, do I risk starving myself and having many more binges like I did on this past Saturday night? But how will I ever know what else may work better for me if I don’t try something else?

See, I’m looking at this whole experience as part of a science experiment. Especially once I started losing weight, as it has taught me more than I ever thought it would teach me. How all these little things can effect on your health. I am even looking forward to keeping this up for a year and seeing how it effects my cholesterol levels, all this running and lower calories and more natural foods.

But I don’t want to wait a year to start seeing how other foods or amounts or slight changes in activity can take effect on my body. Geeky? Or just lame reason to keep doing a blog?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thought about putting your start weight on the blog and letting your readers know the progress.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Well, in my first blog, I noted my weight, and now I am 29 pounds less than that. I guess I was assuming that I my limited readership and yet loyal readership was capable of math.

But if not, I currently weight 231 lbs.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that my limited memory would not allow me to find the original post.

I have been told that I am going to spend some time at Sheetz in July.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home