Friday, April 28, 2006

Light Out Wanderlust, help Us To Be Free. Light Out Wanderlust, do It Just For Me…Wanderlust

It's been hella crazy work week. Just seems a lot to get done recently, and I've been working hard to get it all done. It never is really "all done" of course, and therein lies the genius of my job. It's like the post office. There will always be more things to do, no matter how many things I get done on one day, there is more to do the next. And there will always be stupid people, so I will always have the opportunity to do my job. Yeah me!

I did not weigh myself today. Just didn’t feel like it today, give my psyche a break. I have eaten well all week long and I have exercised all week (including not running yesterday but practicing softball for 2 hours, which is harder to do than you might think. In practice, the ball will be hit to you or in your general direction often. During the game, really, unless you are shortstop or left fielder, you get about 4-5 chances/game. And the 4-5 at bats, which you usually get a hit 3 times, so you run 3 times for a few minutes. During practice, there are drills where they hit the ball to you 5 times in a row, some to the left, some to the right, and you run this way and that. So, in summation, it is a good workout.

Carl & I have booked our trip to Amsterdam, so we will be off on May 25. I will drive down to DC on the 24th, stay at Carl’s place, then we will (somehow) get the Dulles on the 25th bright and early in the morning and start our journey. It is only one stop in Newark…but we wait about 5 fucking hours at Newark airport. Well, that won’t be so bad, as if there is any delay at Dulles, we will have plenty of time to get to Newark to get on the plane to Amsterdam.

The hotel we are staying at does have high speed internet access and one free computer in the lobby, so I am hoping I’ll be able to update when I am there. This should be interesting to do.

Carl has already decided that we are eating at the Pancake Bakery in Amsterdam, so I am guessing the diet will be all but lost for the trip. Fortunately, both of us are runners so we might be able to sneak off and run together few times. I don’t know how comfortable I am with running outside yet, but I should try it. The Pancake Bakery looks too good to only go once, and I would estimate one meal there is probably 2,000 calories. Oh, and all the Heineken. We are going to tour the plant, which was great fun the last time I was in Amsterdam.

So I have been feeling better about things lately just knowing that my trips this year are shaping up. Amsterdam in May, Vatican City in June/July, Edmonton in August, and maybe even the North Shore in Minnesota later on in the year. I also want to sneak up to Toronto some time this year, and I hear a Vegas trip is on my agenda for November. All in all, a good bit of tripping for me this year (and there will be no THC consumption for me in Amsterdam!)

Now I just need to mow my front yard. It looks horrendous, like a mini rain forest at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home