Thursday, May 18, 2006

workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads; runnin' down a dream

I went to see “The Da Vinci Code” last night. One of the perks of a low paying second job at a theater is sometimes you get to see the movies before they come out. I enjoyed it, thought it was well done, and for the most part it stayed true to the book – or at least most of the book, as I haven’t finished the last 150 pages of the book. I was going to finish it before this weekend, before I saw the movie, but the opportunity came up to see it last night, so I took that chance. It cuts out a lot of the tension from the book, but they have to do that to keep the movie going.

One of the stupid things I did was that I didn’t have enough calories before I went to the movie. By 8:30 pm, I usually have had about 1400 calories, if not more. Last night, as I was a bit rushed finishing up running and stuff, I had only had about 1100 calories before I sat down next to my mother at the movie. And then she opened her bag of nacho chips and her bag of sour cream chips. I held out for about 2 hours: sadly, the movie is about 2:20. So I grabbed the bag and had about 3 big handfuls of chips. And they tasted so good. Then I had a fourth just for good measure.

Interesting, I started cramping up after about 22 minutes running last night. I can usually last until 27 minutes with no problem, so I was kind of annoyed that I cramped up last night. I wonder if I didn’t eat enough or something beforehand. I was going to take tonight off from running, but I don’t think I can yet. I need to get in a few good runs prior to taking a week off for Amsterdam.

And today doesn’t look as good on the food front. I brought some fruits and snacks, but I forgot to pick up one of the frozen lunches on my way out the door, so I am low on calories. And I think that when I am low on calories, that seems to be when I get in trouble with eating other bad things. And I don’t want to go out and get something as I just spent another $45 on Monday on food, and I hate to waste money and gas to drive out somewhere and get food. I think I can eat what I got here and make it till I get home tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home