Monday, May 15, 2006

So I turned myself to face me, but I've never caught a glimpse

I did not exercise much last week. I didn’t run on Monday, as I had a lot of errands to do after work and wasn’t getting home until after 7 pm. Then Tuesday, I get on the treadmill, and it is making some high pitched squeaking noise, so I only ran for 20 minutes before it got on my nerves (and my hearing) so much I couldn’t run anymore. Also, I was afraid I might harm it more – strange noises are made when two things are rubbing against each other when they probably shouldn’t be (think of the noise that comes out of two cats humping in the back alley – not a great sound.)

I tried running on Saturday before my softball game, but after 15 minutes the noise was annoying. So then yesterday, when Carl was in, we took it apart and found out that some belt needed Belt Dressing. Carl knew this from his days in the early 90’s at an auto parts store. So we went to an auto parts store, got the belt dressing, sprayed it on the belt and viola! No more noise!

Of course, I didn’t then run yesterday, as I was just so busy doing my busy life things, so I will start running after work today. I am sure my stamina will need to be worked on, and I am ready for a slight set back. But that is ok, just gives me something to work on (it will be interesting in Amsterdam to see what running we actually do.)

On Friday I had another weigh-in, and I was down 4 more pounds, bringing my total weight loss to 39 pounds, so I was happy about that. So how did I celebrate? By eating poorly the rest of the weekend.

Actually, that isn’t quite accurate. Friday was basically good, only one extra pizza so I was about 300 calories over, about 1900, and Saturday was only slightly bad, and could have been worse as I went to the Pirates game, but I didn’t have much food prior to going to the Pirates game, so the wings, hot dog and soft serve ice cream at the Pirates probably only put me around 2000 calories for the whole day.

Sunday, however, saw me at a local greasy spoon having a large veggie omelet with Carl & Kyle, and then lunch was at Fuddruckers, which I do love so much. And I did do well by only getting the 1/3 pound burger. But then decided that with my mound of French fries I should have mayo. A lot of mayo. And then, when we left there, I decided I really wanted hard ice cream, so we went to 31 flavors. And I had some sundae thing with two scoops of ice cream and caramel and nuts topping. And then I got home. And snacked on little things the rest of the night. I can’t possibly add it all up, but I am guessing, from a rough estimate, that I had closer to 3000 calories yesterday. If not more. Yeah, probably more now that I think about it. And remember, all this is done without running very much this past week.

This Friday will be my last weigh-in until after Amsterdam. I will be interested to see if there is any loss at all after this weekend. I am glad now that I don’t own a scale, as it would be depressing to see if I had some weight gain after this weekend. It was gluttoness. Hopefully I can get all back on track this week with running and eating properly. And hopefully, I can be good this weekend. That seems to be my new downfall. Each weekend, I am rewarding myself for doing good…but that is only doing good about 5 days a week, and I want to be better than that. At least for the next few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home