Thursday, June 08, 2006

I know Darth Vader's really got you annoyed. But remember, if you kill him, then you'll be unemployed

As I’ve mentioned before, when I run I’ve gotten into the habit of having a DVD on, and when it is a movie, I usually get 3 or 4 good runs out of it (at 20 minute intervals, as I don’t watch during the arm up or cool down period.)

So before I left for vacation, I had watched the first two Star Wars (“Star Wars: A New Hope,” and “The Empire Strikes Back.” So on Monday, I started watching “Return of the Jedi.” When the movie came out, I was like 15 years old. I was not some huge Star Wars geek. I actually don’t think I’d seen the “Empire” before I saw “Jedi” as I remember being surprised that Darth Vader was Luke’s father (this was, of course, pre-internet days, so I could read someone else’s review of the movie to get caught up on all the happenings prior to seeing the finale.) I do remember my little brother liking the movie, but he was like 6 years old. I think I enjoyed it at the time, but I don’t remember much about it other than the basics.

I think “Star Wars” and “Empire” were good movies. I am now about ¾ the way through “Jedi,” and I don’t think I ever realized what a gawd awful movie this really is! It stinks on ice. It is pathetic, the characters are so stale, the action is alright for the most part, but it is slow moving through most of the movie (try running to the talking parts of the film – it is difficult, and that is when you realize that there are way too many of them.) And so he went to Dagobah in Jedi just to watch Yoda die? Han Solo is still trying to throw out snarky comments even as the Ewoks are ready to slice and dice him? And speaking of them, EWOKS?!?!?!?! What the f**k are the these little creatures that can take on the whole Empire army and defeat them with the dozen or so rebels? Ewoks are the old version of Jar Jar Binks, and we all hated Jar Jar.

So basically, now that I’ve seen all of them, the first two, the original “Star Wars” & “Empire,” were the only good films on the Star Wars series. The four other films are terrible. Just awful films that I don’t think I could watch again. Ever. I am glad that I didn’t buy them when they came out.

On a different note, ran again yesterday, still not able to run the full time, need to job for a few minutes in the middle of the run. But I’m getting there.

Also, ate 1511 calories yesterday, so I feel like I am back on track with the food. I am a little tempted at work today as they had some food in for visiting dignitaries, or something like that, and they had some good looking wraps made up with some beef and some chicken, and one looks like turkey and bacon! Oh, and all of this is about 2 feet behind me on the table in my cubicle area. I could scarf that up in about 30 seconds right now…but I won’t. I swear I won’t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home