Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Back in the saddle

After two weeks off the exercise wagon, I jumped back on last night. And, boy, are my legs tired!

I ran for 30 minutes, though it ended up only being 2.25 miles. I will need to work it a bit harder for the next few days to get back to where I was prior to my stoppage.

I stopped running on the Friday prior to going on vacation, and started eating poorly. On the Thursday that I left for Amsterdam, I was at 218 lbs. I didn’t exercise while away, and ate whatever I could shovel in while drinking copious amounts of beer. So, when I came back to the States, I weighed myself last Friday and I was at 226 lbs. A nice little 8 pound gain. Not exactly undoing everything good, but still not what I really wanted to do. So now I have to work hard till I go to Rome.

I know that I said I would run while in Amsterdam, but it never materialized. Carl did run one morning, but I decided to stay in an eat muffins. And trail mix. And breakfast bars. Then we had beer for breakfast, at least once. And then beer for lunch and dinner most evenings.

And today I started counting calories again. I was going to start counting calories yesterday, but then at work they bought two cheesecakes from The Cheesecake Factory, and one was raspberry & chocolate, so I had to partake. At 500 calories per slice. I decided not to try and count that up.

I will weigh myself again on Friday, and hopefully I’ll be able to get back into the 5 time a week schedule of running. And then keep it up for 3 more weeks, then off to Rome, to eat, drink and gain more weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home