Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's not that easy 'cause my time is often decided for me

Ran well last night. 30 minutes, 2.6 miles. Much better than I thought I was going to do considering that I hadn’t run in like almost 2 weeks. Well, once in Rome, but it wasn’t a real run, just a 30 minute run/jog/walk cause it was too hot outside to run there.

So it was good for me to run yesterday. I was originally going to run on Tuesday, but jet lag decided I should fall asleep at 5 pm and not wake up again until 5 am Wednesday morning. So instead, I restarted it all yesterday.

Also, I’m working until 3:30 this week, and I usually work until 5:15. The holiday makes me work 8 hour days. Well, the difference is in the traffic. When I work until 3:30, I am home usually at 3:50, at least before 4 pm. When I work until 5:15, I usually don’t get home until around 6:05.

I am being tempted today. There is one thing I enjoy more than anything else, and that is saving money in any way, shape or form. This doesn’t mean that I am cheap. I am frugal. I don’t have a problem spending money, I just don’t like to spend more than I have to on anything.

Well, today, work is taking us to lunch as a farewell lunch to one of our workers. I don’t think the restaurant we are going to has a low calorie menu, so I won’t know how to count my calories. So at first I was thinking that I would just eat my regular lunch that I brought and not worry about the lunch. Then it hit me that this lunch is free. And I like the idea of a free lunch. And I then could keep the lunch I brought in for today until tomorrow. One less thing for me to do for tomorrow. And did I mention I wouldn’t be paying for today’s lunch?

I hope this boring, fake-italian chain restaurant has a low calorie menu where they tell you an close estimate on the amount of calories (TGIFridays & Applebee’s has good low calorie menus.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home