Monday, July 24, 2006

Oh it's so dumb that I'm intrigued by the thunder and the lightening comes streaming in my home

Another weekend of comfort food. At Friday’s weigh-in, I was down another couple pounds, to 217. And then I got some more bad news about the house and my finances. I won’t go into it here, but let’s just say that a couple hundred dollars are missing from my bank account, and it will be some time before they are put back into it.

My decision to go all electric does have one major reason behind it other than getting rid of gas – my grandfather is an electrician, and my nephew is becoming an electrician. Problem is that my grandfather had a small job to do this weekend, and couldn’t get to my house, and I wouldn’t ask a 76 year old man to work all day Saturday and then spend Sunday at my house rewiring the box and stringing 100 feet of cable. Either way, Carl will be able to put in the hot water heater this Saturday for free, so I am going to live the next 6 days (and counting) without hot water in my house. Yeah me!

After a lot of bad news, I self medicated with food yet again. I went through a bag of French fries. Deep fried. And many other bad things. I think part of it was self medication, and part of it was reward for having lost weight, even after some bad evenings the prior week. Either way, bad weekend over all.

I did run on Thursday, Friday & yesterday, and I’ve been going longer each day, up to 2.7 miles. I know already that I will be interrupted again for a week in August, but after that, I should be able to really start working on topping 3 miles daily when I run. I am starting to look forward to being able to concentrate on just running, and not on vacations that interrupt my running (and I already know that the vacations are all voluntary, so no need for me to bitch about them interrupting my running. I see the duality of the situation I’ve put myself.)

I am showering at my parent’s house this week, due to my lack of hot water, and this will give me the opportunity to track my weight every day. I don’t know if that is good or bad, but I will know more by the end of the week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home