Monday, August 21, 2006

So I turned myself to face me but I've never caught a glimpse

Part of me feels like this is “The First Day of the Rest of My Life.”

That might be the cheesiest line I‘ve written on this blog, but it really does feel like that. After all the vacations and such, I know I can get back into the running and eating properly. And know that it works. I’ve seen it work, know it will work and am living proof that it works.

At the weigh-in yesterday, I was at 225 lbs. I thought it was going to be far worse. Edmonton included a lot, and I mean, A LOT OF CALORIES! Beer, creamy Asian/African sauces on food, deep fried goodies (one day for dinner I did eat fish and chips at the british food stand, but I mean 3 inches of batter deep fried goodness, but sadly little actual fish, and undercooked chips - yuck!) and beer. A lot of beer. And not enough exercise, so I was worried about what I would find when I stepped on the scale. I am somewhat happy with 225 lbs, as it could have been so much worse.

But now I need to start it all back up. Running and writing down exactly what I eat. I was good last week once I returned, but I know I went too far some days since I didn’t write down what I was eating. I want to be very strict, and see where I am on October 8, 2006, 6 weeks down the road.

I also might buy a scale. If only to be able to follow weight without having to get dressed and going up to my mother’s house.

Alright, that is all for now. I wanted to write more and more and more, but I think I need to keep this simple so that I don’t have to think too much. Just eat, run and record all food I eat into a notebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home