Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I need more love every day of my life

Sometime during the evening, after running my 3.1 miles, I decided either through nerves or through celebration, I needed to eat more food. I didn’t binge so much, and it came out to be about 2,500 calories, but it was more than I originally planned on eating.

As you see, I did write that part of my mini-binge may have been through celebration last night. Santorum is gone. Although I will spend the rest of my days wondering not only how he won in the past but how even in this election, where the choice to me was glaringly clear, Santorum got over 1.6 million votes. But I won’t dwell on that today. I am happy that Santorum is out. No more “Man-on-Dog” comments from him, comparing homosexuals to deviants.

On a more personal note, my nephew, the one who broke his leg and had to take a semester off school in February and then flipped his step-father’s car 2 months ago, was held up at gun point last night delivering pizzas. He has a bump on his head, lost his phone and a handful of money, and probably will have a lot of anger (I know I did for a while when I was assaulted) for a while, but he is fine. His career delivering pizzas is over, though. And I can only hope that his luck changes next year when I take him to Thailand.

Again, this is another reason I couldn’t have children. I just would not be able to stop worrying about them. I worry too much about my nieces & nephews as it is. And if they were my kids, I don’t think I’d be able to sleep half the night worrying if they were alright if they weren't home, or worrying if someone would break into the house and harm them.

And I wouldn’t be able to travel like I do now. Not because of the money, that isn’t a problem (you don’t have to make that much money to be able to travel, I’ve proven that.) But I probably would not want to put myself in any type of dangerous situation if I was a responsible for children. And as much as I like to feel comfortable flying, there is an element of it that can be dangerous traveling around the world.

Even driving to places close enough to Pittsburgh can be dangerous. I remember driving to Toronto with a friend a few years ago, and there was a gaggle of pigeons on the highway that didn’t start flying off the road until it was too late. I hit two of them, one with the grill of my SUV and one with the windshield. If I’d decided to swerve to get out of the way, I was doing about 65 mph, I would have easily tipped over and probably killed all of in the car.

My job has proven to me that you don’t even have to do anything wrong to die in a car accident. Other people are stupid enough for everyone.

And I’d also get the urge to wrap the children in bubble wrap anytime they leave the house. Just in case.

Probably a good thing that I don’t have, and don’t want, children. And that it isn’t expected of me. You know, being a fag and all. Not saying we can’t be fathers, but it isn’t expected so there isn’t any pressure to go out and procreate.

Although if I did have kids, I could feel really good that today, in my opinion, we have made our country and hopefully the world a better place by getting rid of Santorum. Yeah, I hate him that much. But only cause he hates me more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home