Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm dizzy from the shopping malls

Well, not a bad weekend at all, considering I live in the Ice Castle now. I ran on Wednesday through Saturday, 3.1 miles at 30 minutes. Whatever was affecting me on Tuesday wasn’t bothering me the rest of the week. Yeah me!

Did good on food for the most part through Thursday. Wednesday, I probably had close to 2200 calories, got back on track Thursday, and wasn’t awful until yesterday. When I decided to have all the bad food items – hot dog, hamburger and fries and pizza. I didn’t try to be bad, I’m just drawn that way.

I called a nephew to go to lunch. He was working both of his jobs, so he couldn’t go, so I went shopping myself, and had a hot dog and drink at store food court (an enormous Hebrew National dog, not some little thing.) Then my nephew called me while I was shopping and said the movie theater told him not to come in to work (we work at the same movie theater, though they haven’t needed me for a while – box office receipts are down everywhere) so he wanted to go to lunch. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and I had a black & blue burger with buffalo chips.

So I am stuffed to the neck with food at this point, and I call my grandfather to see what he wants for dinner while we watch the Steelers game (I have always watched the Steelers games with my grandfather.) He is in the mood for pizza with hot sausage, so I pick one up. And I eat a lot of it while watching my team wiped up the field with the KC Chiefs.

By the time I got home, I was so stuffed I felt sick, and I couldn’t even eat my usual ice cream sandwich that I usually have at the end of the day.

In a new study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, it is noted that daily weighing of yourself is critical to maintaining of the weight loss. The study noted that people who weigh themselves daily were 82 % less likely to regain lost weight. And I can understand why, as I feel like I have a better grasp on my weight since I’ve been weighing myself every day. It is interesting that I fought getting that scale just because I didn’t want to weigh myself every day, and yet it should work out for me.

Of course, then it hit me that, no matter what I’ve done since May 25 in terms of running or weighing myself, I’ve basically only maintained my weight (and I still stand by my statement that my stomach is bigger now than it was on May 25) but I haven’t lost any of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

i always wonder how come the mall food taste so good its like going 2 a fair. i always over eat when im shoppin.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I think they add something to make you eat more, or they pump in some subliminal message while shopping to make you year more and more and more. Or at least that is my excuse for overeating when I'm shopping. :-)

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home