Saturday, October 07, 2006

I'm another day late and one year older. It's failure by design

Not having a great weekend. It was supposed to be a weekend full of fun & gay softball. Lots of hot softball games during the day, hot gay softball players at night.

I was supposed to leave for DC area early afternoon on Thursday, but work kept me in Pittsburgh later than I wanted, so I wasn't able to run before I left. Kyle & I got into Gaithersburg about 8:30 pm.

I did get up Friday morning at 5:30 and drive Carl to the airport (he is in Vegas for…well, what happens in Vegas, you know) came back and ran for 3.1 miles. His treadmill is the same make & model as mine (and about 18 months older than mine), but his seems a bit smoother. I don't know how or why, but it is a smooth run, very nice. And when I'm running on his, I'm watching a 55" plasma television. When I run at home, I'm watching a 13" cathode ray tube with bad sound. Either way, it was good to run.

It started raining Thursday night and it hasn't stopped since then. I was up & ready to go to the softball field at 6 am this morning, but they called off the day due to rain. So Kyle & I have been pissing around Gaithersburg, MD all day, doing some shopping, eating Thai food, getting my car lubed up (one thing I couldn't get done on Thursday since I worked later than usual) and then watched the Yankees go down in flames! It is frustrating not to play softball, but it is good to see the Yankees lose!

I didn't run today. I wanted to run today, but I didn't. I think since I didn't plan on it, as I was going to play a minimum of 4 softball games, I just didn't run. And my food intake...let's just say it has been bad since Taco Smell on Thursday (those Steak Gorditas are fucking fantastic!).

We are going to play softball tomorrow, as the rain will stop, but it won't be as fun. We get 30 minute games, and the round robin games for tournament positioning are eliminated. We all go up to the plate with a 3-2 count and get one pitch (foul ball is a strike out). We play at 9 am, and we could be eliminated before noon. This happened last year with the rain, and it angers me.

I love softball, I really enjoy tournament softball, but I hate getting all ready and sitting around, only to get 4-6 pitches on Sunday and then drive 3 1/2 hours back home. I think some place else warmer in October (Atlanta?) should host a tournament over Columbus Day weekend. Or maybe they need to make a dome here in the greater DC area! Yeah, that's gonna happen!!

Wish me luck tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home