Sunday, February 11, 2007

People on the river are happy to give

I will have to say that Wat Po, the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, is more impressive than pictures can ever do it justice. The palace is phenominal, as usual, but it is a palace. You expect it to be phenominal. The Reclining Buddha is HUGE, and you are taken aback at how huge.

(These pictures are off of my cell phone. Not bad, surprisingly.)

(I have only a short time to update, and I am hammered right now (7:30m Sunday night) so I will be impressed if a) this is in any semblenc of proper english, and b) this actually gets posted correctly.)


We are in Bangkok. This is a picture of Tom across the river from the Rama VIII bridge.

We are having a wonderful time, having been to the Grand Palace, the temple of the emerald buddha, Wat Arun, Wat Po, and a ton of other places (including the store earlier today to get a lot of Beer Chang where I learned I am now a lightweight.

The flight was very long, but Tom was a trooper who slept the last 5 hours of the flight from Tokyo to Bangkok. I, as previously predicted, was not able to sleep at all on any of the flights, but we made it and have been having fun.

We also took a long tail boat tour this morning. You get on the boat, and the driver takes you around the Choa Phraya River & surrounding canals. It is quite awesome a spectacle.
We are eating quite well, drinking quite well, and living quite well. I don't think Tom has been overwhelmed as of yet, so that is good. He is much more laid back than I give him credit for, to be honest. He is taking everything and making some good decisions. I like that.
Well, we are off to Pat Pon Road (spelled wrong I am sure, but I don't care right now.) I hope to update soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home