Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I don't need a reason not to care what you say, or what happened in the end. This is my interpretation, and it don't, don't make sense.

Day two and I have run both days. Yesterday I ran 1.85 miles, and today 2.1. Not bad at all, though I will admit I wasn't running my hardest, but getting back into the swing of things is important. Slight headache this morning, but that might have been either not getting enough sleep or sleeping wrong. Either way, I took two tylenol and got back on after work.

I've eated well the past two days. That seems to be the hardest part right now, as I want to continue to eat what I want. I hit just under 1600 calories yesterday and will hit just above it today. The first day seems to be the easiest for me, but the second day is the killer.

I so wanted to start a new blog and call it "Tub o' Goo," but I think that would be more self pity, and I want to avoid that right now. To be honest, that is what has gotten me into the gooey state that I am in.

I have spent most of the time since the accident feeling sorry for myself. I know that is ridiculous. I was so extremely lucky not to have been hurt worse, much worse. Hell, of the three people in our car, I got off the luckiest. A few staples, some brain damage and whiplash isn't too bad considering how fast the fucker was going that hit us head-on coupled with the fact that I wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

So forward I look, to a bright future. My health and my attitude affected my softball team and we didn't do too well this season. I know the whole team’s effort doesn't rest on my shoulders, but a few better hits and better defended fly balls by me in the outfield could have made a world of difference. I want next year to be different. I thought about not playing next year to not give myself added pressure, but I want to play, and play better.

Nothing else going on in my little corner of the world, so I should be able to focus on my health. In reading that book, I found out that my omentum is what I need to focus on getting rid of first. This is what has given me my "tub o' goo" look. Once I can get that into order, I can really start the process of shaving the fat off of other places.

I feel better about this than I have for months. And being determined is a great start.

Tub o' Goo out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home