Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Why don't you like me without making me try?

Wow. I’ve been really bad at this blogging thing for the past week or so. Like really, super duper bad. So amazingly bad that I haven’t even blogged. Or for that matter, run at all. Or eaten healthy. Or done anything that could make me healthier. What I have done is eat the new Wendy’s BACONATOR! (Can you believe that there is no mention of this 6 strips of bacon on 1/2 pound of beef masterpiece on the Wendy's website? What is that all about?) And sat on my ass as much as possible.

To be fair, I haven’t had too many headaches. My neck still gets sore a bit from time to time, but I have been immobilizing it when I sleep and done the neck exercises the physical therapist told me to do. And I am getting tired of botching about it, so I don't.

But I am still a bit leery to about getting onto the treadmill. Based on the pain I put myself into the last time, I am going to be careful. However, that doesn’t mean I can’t walk on it, but I’ve been way too lazy to even do that part. I’ve just sat around and gotten fatter and fatter. By eating a thing called the “baconator.” And watched some television. Not even some good television (except for The Sopranos series ender which I personally thought was fantastic!) More like crappy “A&E Investigates” and "American Justice" and the like that weren’t even that good.

I want to get healthy. I swear I do, but I hate when I write about it, then go home and sit down to watch how the Long Island Lolita case worked itself out. Or how the Scarsdale Diet Doctor was murdered.

Oh, and I’ve spent plenty of time listening to the Mika Album “Life in Cartoon Motion.” It so far is my summer album. It is fun, danceable, and unique. Kind of a mash between Queen and any Jimmy Somerville led group (he is a queer singer who had hits in Europe with Bronski Beat & The Communard before he went solo.) It is part bombastic glam rock ("Grace Kelly," "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)") part cabaret ("Billy Brown," "Any Other World") part dance ("Lollipop) wrapped into a nice pop sensibility. If you get the chance to listen to this album, I say do your ears a favor.

Here's hoping the rest of the week is better for me. And maybe I will be better at this blogging thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home