Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I will kick and scream or kneel and plead; I'll fight like hell to hide that I've given up

Well…it wasn’t a terrible weekend, except where I seemed to have tweaked my right calf muscle, and I have found out that walking on a treadmill is horribly boring. And now I am in the middle of any other week of torment about what I should eat, when I should push my exercise, how I should be doing better.

Also, my neck muscles have been feeling weak for the past few days. It’s like my head is the weight of a bowling ball, and it is sometimes difficult to keep it up. I also had headaches off and on Saturday & Sunday. It made for “not a terrible” weekend, but it wasn’t a great weekend. 4-day weekends should be great, damnit!

I am doing more of the neck exercises more often. It isn’t like I wasn’t doing them since PT ended, but I am doing them a few times a day now, as much as four times each day. They aren’t difficult to do, but I do get dizzy right after I am done with them.

It all becomes exhausting. And on Sunday, I will be 38 years old. This is making me think about the future more and more. I need to get healthy, and then look towards maintaining that health. I know I’ve done a lot in the past year to combat my prior poor health habits.

On that front, I’ve started reading “You: On A Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management.” This is teaching me a lot about how the body works, and what the best ways to lose weight and maintain after I work it correctly.

Again, not much of an entry here, but I don’t want to recycle the “failed again” entries from the past. And the title of this entry is meant to be a reflection of my frustration, not an accurate statement of what will happen. And it is the last line from the Bright Eyes song “Another Travelin’ Song.” Conor Oberst is my future husband, whether he is gay or not. I love his music and love his looks. And he loves me…he just doesn’t know it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home