Wednesday, May 16, 2007

You can obfuscate and manipulate but it’s only at your own expense

Well, I am running still. For some reason, I am having some breathing problems while running. After about 9-10 minutes, I’m starting to feel some burning in my lungs. Not the burning from running, something…weird. It isn’t exactly stopping me from running, and I’m only hoping that it is my lungs being somewhat out of shape from not running for 7 weeks from the accident.

Whatever it is, I am running 20 minutes now, 1.5 miles at a time. I need to get used to this before I start ramping it up faster and longer. I am glad I am running again, obviously, but I need to be more consistent and get back into the swing of it.

But what I really need to buy into is the food part of it all. I know, I know…I keep bitching and moaning and belly aching about this, but for whatever reason, I can seem to get back into eating healthier and less calories. I do good for one day, or even half a day, and then I just eat whatever I can get my hands on.

Last year I was under the scare of my physician putting me on medicine for high cholesterol, but for some reason that isn’t scaring me that much.

I had a college acquaintance send me an e-mail response, after I wrote him recently about the accident, asking if I had reevaluated my life following my brush with death. And do you know what my response to him was? That I reevaluated my food intake, and how I wished I had eaten different foods.

Yeah, that seems like a great response. Not how I wanted to spend more time with family, or how I wanted to find a partner to spend my life with, and not even how I wished I had traveled even more than I do. No, all I could think to say was that I wish I’d shoved some fucking pepperoni pizza down my gullet!

Fuck me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home