Thursday, May 03, 2007

Coffee and cigarettes, let’s talk shop. We don’t need emotional traffic cops.

This is how I am feeling today. If you check out the little guys being eaten by the monster who is being attacked by the multi-armed monster, you might actually see me in the crowd of the soon-to-be-eaten.

Or I am the actual monster who is doing the eating. I can see that analogy. The monster eats and eats, even when there is a multi-armed attacker just above it, ready to stab it. The monster just keep eating and eating and eating.

By the way, this is a picture I took at the Grand Palace in Bangkok. It is a very small part of the mural on one of the buildings in the complex. It tells of the mythical history of the Kingdom of Siam.

I finished physical therapy yesterday. It went out with a whimper, to be honest. Just some electro-stimulation of the cervical area, some heat, some stretching and exercises and then I was done. I haven't needed the traction for over a week now, and, as nice as the massages felt, it wasn't needed as well.

I now know what I am supposed to do to get better and better. I haven't had any real painful headaches for about a week now, but I am still doing the neck exercises every day and I immobilize my neck every night for sleep. I am going to try not to sleep without the brace on, but I wanted to wait until I am not working the next day, so that would be tomorrow.

I have a softball game on Sunday, first of the season. I am hoping to play well, but no guarantees. I am going to run a little on Sunday morning to get warmed up, as I felt very tight last week when we practiced, and I don't want to go and hurt a calf muscle by not being warmed up.

Starting Monday, I am allowed to run again, so I will start slow and easy. I don't know how far I am going to run, or how fast, but I am going to take it slow and work up to what I was prior to "the unfortunate incident of March 16," as I now refer to it.

I feel like my life has been so stale recently, just not doing anything that interesting. I have been trying to let myself know that life is about the journey, not about the destination, but with no running, feeling like shit, not trips planned in the near future and my overall lack of enthusiasm for things recently, it hasn't been working.

This is a garden in the Grand Palace in Bangkok. It was the most peaceful place there, and I was shocked not more people were there visiting it. Tom & I had a good 15 minutes there by ourselves, just reflecting on our journey to that point (it was only our first full day, having alighted the plane at about 11:30 pm the night before.)

I wish I was there right now. I wish I was in the same frame of mind now that I was then. Just relaxed. We shall see how it all goes starting Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home