Monday, April 09, 2007

I don't dream about anyone - except myself! Oh, William, William it was really nothing


Physical therapy is wonderful!

I went to physical therapy on Friday morning, maybe a little apprehensive as my last experiment with PT a few years ago was painful. I got electro-stimulation of the muscles in my neck and upper left shoulder with heat, then got some traction on my neck. Then she gave me several different exercises made to strengthen my neck muscles. All went extremely (and painlessly) well, and now I’m doing so much better.

Also, I am using a lot of the heating pad in the evenings while watching television, and that seems to be helping the neck muscles and I’m not waking up with headaches all the time. This is a good thing.

I still seem to always have a headache, but they are now just low-grade ones and not the throbbing/stabbing kind I was getting last week. I get PT 3 times this week and a few more next week and then I’m hopefully cured and done and happy and painless. Or at least whatever I was before the accident.

I dislike when you go into a pain clinic or physical therapist, and they give you a chart asking to rate your pain. How do I know when my headache is a 3 on the scale, or when it is a 4? Maybe my pain is such that it is a 12 on the scale and I am just able to handle it better. Or, more likely, my pain is a 1, but I am such a whiney, screamy baby who can’t handle any pain so thinks it is a 9.

Either way, I feel much better today, and hope this continues until the pain is all gone.

On one other note about the PT clinic, there were 4 female physical therapists working on Friday, and they were all smoking hot. If I were even remotely straight, I would have had a boner for the entire 90 minutes I was there. Fortunately for me, I am gay and don’t have use for women in the bedroom. Unless they are going to clean it or something.


And now, back to our regular scheduled program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home